Photos

nator555

I love love love getting our family photos on cruises because it seems to be the only time I can get everyone together. We will be sailing on the Adventure in May and I plan to buy at least 5-6 different pictures. We have never sailed on Royal so how does Royal work the photos? On Carnival we would have different photo opportunities while walking to dinner. Typically the next day I would go hunt down our pics on the dreaded photo walls and make my purchase from there. I am curious if this is the same way that Royal will do it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same process on Royal. No charge to take photos in a variety of spots around the ship. Prints are $20 to $25 each.

If you are on one of the ships that uses face recognition software, you will go to a kiosk, swipe your key card, and your photos will show up on the monitor.

Same process on Royal. No charge to take photos in a variety of spots around the ship. Prints are $20 to $25 each.

If you are on one of the ships that uses face recognition software, you will go to a kiosk, swipe your key card, and your photos will show up on the monitor.

Thank you:) Do you know if Adventure has the face recognition software. It sounds so neat!

They have photographers everywhere!

Look for photo packages at a discount before you sail. Sometime you can get great deals!

I will definitely keep a eye on my cruise planner. I am hoping to get a deal around $200 for a CD of our pics.

I will definitely keep a eye on my cruise planner. I am hoping to get a deal around $200 for a CD of our pics.

It won't be on your cruise planner though - it's on the service provider's third party website. The link should be visible somewhere after you enter the part of the website with your cruise details.

The website to reserve your photo CD in advance is: http://www.mycruisephotos.com/. It appears right now that they are only taking "reservations" for cruises through April 2 - We sail April 30 so I keep checking to see when they add our trip so I can reserve right away :D

When we cruised in September last year you could purchase a package through the Cruise Planner. I got the package with all my photos for $140. I keep looking but it appears they don't offer it anymore. You could download them to your phone while on the ship. They had a printout of everyone who purchased. They were also selling the package on the ship but the cost was a little higher. Not sure why they quit offering it. We were on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston. We are on the same ship again in August.