Hotel in Venice

Meena

After reading everyone's suggestions and looking everything up, I emailed some questions to some of these hotels. I am so impressed with their immediate responses! If this is any indication of the level of service they all provide, we're all in good hands. I've reached out to Hotel Becher, Hotel Moresco, and Hotel Santa Chiara. Now decisions, decisions, decisions.

We have stayed at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo, and really liked it. Quiet neighborhood in the middle of Venice. Walk anywhere.

We stayed there because our children recommended it from their honeymoon. It was just wonderful!!!

The staff was very helpful, they were even able to get us a reservation at LaZuppa.

We loved that it had a neighborhood feel.

The breakfast each morning was delicious, we still talk about the fresh peach croissants.

After reading everyone's suggestions and looking everything up' date=' I emailed some questions to some of these hotels. I am so impressed with their immediate responses! If this is any indication of the level of service they all provide, we're all in good hands. I've reached out to Hotel Becher, Hotel Moresco, and Hotel Santa Chiara. Now decisions, decisions, decisions.[/quote']

I've stayed at Moresco, Papadapoli, and Antiche Figure. I would rank them:

(1) Moresco

(2) Antiche Figure

(3) Papadapoli

They were all very good, but Moresco is a class above the other two.

• 5 months later...
Last August we stayed at Locanda Orseolo for three days and I would highly recommend it.

The small hotel is on a canal with a door opening from the front room right onto the canal. We took a water taxi from the airport to the door of the hotel - it was a wonderfully convenient and romantic way to arrive, especially after a long flight from Seattle.

The staff at the hotel were very welcoming. They knew our name after our first introduction and always asked us how our day was and if they could be of service in any way. We really enjoyed the personal touch and felt at home. Our room overlooked the canal, but was not noisy because it was a small side canal.

The breakfast (included in the price) was amazing! Cooked to order hot food, espresso, and fresh fruit and pastries. Everything you could want to start your day.

The hotel was located in a small courtyard only a 5 minute walk from San Marco square. We purchased 48-hour vaporetto passes and just walked to and from the hotel to the San Marco vaporetto stops. It was nice seeing San Marco square quiet in the late evening and early mornings when we would go walking from the hotel.

Just thinking of the hotel makes me want to return! It is small and popular, so book early.

Had to re-open this thread to thank you for this amazing recommendation! Staying at this hotel was the highlight of our trip; absolutely wonderful people, fantastic room, perfect location, just an amazing time. We loved Venice, and staying here was definitely one of the reasons why, and we're already trying to figure out how to get back for another visit sometime in the not too distant future. Thanks again for such a good pick!!!