Navigator of the Seas VS NCL Dawn

Seany527

I never thought I would find myself stuck between two cruise ships, unable to make a decision on which to book. I am completely torn however with Navigator and the newly refurbished NCL Dawn. I'm looking to book a cruise for an upcoming birthday solely based on the cruise ship itself- Dining options, entertainment and cabin.:confused:

With the Navigator my only option for a cabin is a standard balcony. The Dawn has one Aft balcony left.

From my research I see both ships had their inaugural voyage in 2002. Navigator was refurbished in 2014 and the Dawn in 2016. I really like a clean ship with modern decor and amenities/technology.

I've left ports, price, number of nights and home port out as I am looking for feedback based on the ship only.

Thanks in advance!:)

I had sailed on both, and I would go with the Navigator. Dawn is much smaller than the Navigator, which means it is less stable, has less bells and whistles, and feels much more crowded due to lack of large open spaces.

I like the Dawn - haven't sailed her since the rehab. Navigator is a bigger ship and has more "stuff" on it if that is the atmosphere that you are looking for. If you prefer a smaller more intimate ship the Dawn is great. I didn't feel that the Dawn being smaller made it feel more crowded, I felt more crowded on the Navigator at times.

IMO the decision between these two ships would be based on the itinerary and the cost. Both have different aspects that make the both good ships to sail.

If you're sailing for the ship, I'd take Navigator. You mention the rooms, but unless you plan to spend most of your trip in the room, I wouldn't choose an entire ship based on the room you'll get.

The Dawn is smaller and if you're sailing during summer, I know she goes to Bermuda and docks for 3 days. To me that says there won't be much happening on the ship because they expect people to be out on the island. The other summer route is Canada/New England and if that's the route you'll be on then I assume there will be more to enjoy on the ship, but either way I really think the Navigator is going to have more to enjoy if you plan to stay on the ship all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Suggest you look at Cruise Critic reviews for both ships for Caribbean sailings and (don't take this wrong, but) ignore any review that was posted by a 1st time cruiser. Look at what percent liked the ship and why and you will have a more informed basis to make your decision