Help About Miami Parking and Hair Dryers on Zenithy

CarnyMan

We are ONLY 5 days away from sailing!! Yipee!!

Question 1. How far is the parking at the Miami port from the Zenith? We have a handicapped person.

Question 2. Are the air dryers on the Zenith adequate? My wife has very thick, long hair and she needs a hair dryier with POWER!

Thanks for anyone's help!

Carnyman,

You should be able to drop your passangers off at the terminal and then park in the garage with no problem. If you have a handicap parking permit, I have heard there is no charge for parking, but I can't swear if this is true.

I would tell your wife to bring her own hair dryer. The ones on the ship are never the best.

Please post when you return how you liked your cruise and how the Zenith is. Were cruising on her in Jan. Have a great time!

Yup, the driers stink. Bring one if you don't want to spend half your cruise waiting on your wife to dry her hair (ask me how I know).

So will this be the first cruise since the refurb? We're going to need a full report! Who knows, maybe she had new driers installed.

Nope not the first one, that was us, on 11/5/05. And as far as I could see, no new dryers installed.

From all I could ascertain, a lot of this was true "drydock" updates. ie, engine checks, hull inspection/painting etc. They did replace carpeting in some cabins, and were still working on carpet replacement during our cruise (one cabin down the hall on Europa deck 5 had carpeting replaced while we were docked in Key West, and another they started as soon as the people left on Thursday morning disembarkation). Bedsheets were new, and I think a very high thread count, as they were very nice! But our bedspread was not (although it did not show any signs of wear and tear........maybe they did replace worn bedspreads in other cabins).

They did completely reupholster the chairs in the Rendeveux Lounge and I think they redid the Cova Cafe as well (I hadn't spent a lot of time in there before but it was beautiful this time).

I hope to have the pictures uploaded by this evening so you can take a look at them and see whats new.

I would be interested to know if handicap tags cars have free parking at the Miami port. Does anyone know?

I would not imagine that handicapped parking is free. Why should it be? But there will be choice spots that make it more convenient for handicapped persons.

For anyone with a "disabled parking permit", parking in Miami is FREE at all municipal parking garages in the city as well as at the pier. And if I am not wrong, you don't even pay to park at a meter if you have the handicap tag.

I know for sure that you park free at the Bayside market with the handicap tag because I have done it. ;)

Absolutely, parking at the terminal parking garage with a handicap placque is free. We did it. You can park anywhere in the garage but you just show them your card AND THE PAPERS THAT CAME WITH IT SHOWING THAT IT IS YOU AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR CARD. We saved $123 the last time we cruised out of Miami. The other poster is right, not so in Ft. Lauderdale. We are staying overnight at a hotel that will take us to port and keep the car for free while we are gone.

Pat

Archived