Beach Break Party - Costa Maya

vincesm

On the Explorer, departing December 4, 2005;

Just curious, if anyone is reserved for the Beach Break Excursion, offered by Island Marketing while in Costa Maya, Dec 7TH?

Anyfeedback from those whom have taken this excursion previously would be appreciated?

Thanks

Don't know this excursion, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that you could have as fun a day and spend a lot less than by taking a cab to Majahual (sp?) and making your own 'beach break'. It is a cute little village with incredibly inexpensive food, drink, and crafts - really the cheapest place I've seen, very unspoiled. The bus is $5 round trip, drinks all day (pop and beer) and food for four was less than $50. No charge for use of chairs or tables. Massages for $20.

We loved it there!

vincesm-Several people on our Explorer 12/4 rollcall are doing this excursion. If you go to the rollcall, they may have some more feedback for you. My husband and I are going to go hang out there for a while, but aren't signing up for the excursion. It's at a public bar/restaurant, so anyone can go. I was told the excursion does not include transportation, so we'll all take the bus/taxis there. If you sign up for the excursion, you get the open bar and reserved chairs. I hear beers are $2 each there-I don't think I could drink enough to make the cost worth it.

The above post by travelgirl appeared while I was typing my post, so let me clarify. The beach break excursion is in the town she refers to, Majuhaul, at a place called Pez Quadro. Should be fun going on your own or w/ the excursion. There should be a lot of us there.

We were also looking at the Costa Maya beach break but decided since reading so many posts on the Majuhaul Beach that we are going to do this on our own and save $140.00 ! Same thing with Cozumel , we are heading to Paradise Beach on our own . I think our Cave tubing Aerial Trek and Stringray swim has cost us enough through RCCL .:)

We signed up for the Tequila Beach Break party via http://mayahualtours.com/ - we'll be there off of the Legend on December 13. For an open bar and unlimited "Mexican snacks", plus transportation to and from, it's $35 per person. It looked like it had gotten some good reviews on the Costa Maya board and is a lot cheaper than the ship excursion...

I am doing the Beach Break Party in Costa Maya, I got in when it was $25 each and I figure since I dont drink beer and only drink Tropical Drinks that it was well worth the money, I also signed up for the Lobster Lunch. They say you can come and go so thats what I will do. I will be there on Dec 7th from the Explorer

Archived