Recommendations for Shuttle from Vancouver Airport to Whistler

Julietsmom

We are doing the same thing before our cruise in June. I have been to Whistler before, and while you don't need a car if staying in the village, there are some nice things to see within a short drive of the village and on the way to Whistler.

I have never taken a shuttle, but there is 4 in my party, so it was cheaper for me to rent a car. This year we are taking the Canada Line from YVR to downtown (estimated cost $30 USD) and then I rented a car from Tuesday to Friday for $60 USD. After paying for gas, the total cost is about $120.

We love to stop at a restaurant in Squamish and get fish and chips and we do some local hiking, so a car also makes more sense in my situation.

If you have not been to Whistler before, it truly is beautiful. One of my favorite places to go and relax.

This is what we used several years ago:

http://www.perimeterbus.com

At the time, it worked best for the times we were hitting the airport and needing to get to the hotel in Vancouver.

I loved Whistler! It is so beautiful and so friendly. We stayed 2 nights and I wished I had stayed longer. Great hikes, great scenery, great restaurants, etc...

Thanks! I hadn't even thought of renting a car and it is much more economical than the shuttle so we're going to do that. Would love any tips for what you love in/around Whistler.

We have always gone in late May/early June so mountaintop hiking was not open yet. But if you are going later in the summer then I would look into that with the Peak2Peak Gondola. I have 2 teenage boys, so the last time we rented bikes (I think I paid about $125 for 4 bikes for the whole day) and rode some of the dirt trails around Lost Lake and then rode the Valley Trail. We even came across a bear on the trail. Ziptrek offers great ziplining if you like that kind of thing.

Free things...hiking, exploring the village. There are many hiking trails for all levels. Cheakamus Lake is easy and really pretty. On the drive up to Whistler stop at Shannon Falls (google Shannon Falls Provincial Park.) It is right off the highway, and the falls are beautiful. Lost Lake is right next to the village. whistlerhiatus.com has a list of hiking trails.

Almost all hotels charge for parking, but if you are staying in the village you can leave your car at one of the village day lots for $8 a day for up to 72 hours. There are other lots that are free, but they are further away.

It really depends what your budget is and how active you are. Once we stayed there for 10 nights and spent nothing on activities. We just explored and hiked. And then about 2 years ago we hiked, rode bikes, & zip lined.

Things that Whistler offers, but I have not done are ATV rides, Jeep rides, horseback riding, and canoe and kayak.

We also stopped at Shannon Falls - it is gorgeous there. Definitely worth spending time at.

I had my dog with me and we went on a ton of hikes. We were there in September and the colors were changing and it was just stunning.

There are a lot of activities - golfing, biking, hiking, gondola rides.

We stayed at Pan Pacific Village Center and loved the location and hotel. We did not have a car and had no problems doing what we wanted to do.

We also stopped at Shannon Falls - it is gorgeous there. Definitely worth spending time at.

I had my dog with me and we went on a ton of hikes. We were there in September and the colors were changing and it was just stunning.

There are a lot of activities - golfing, biking, hiking, gondola rides.

We stayed at Pan Pacific Village Center and loved the location and hotel. We did not have a car and had no problems doing what we wanted to do.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific Village Center this year. We usually stay in the upper village, but our timeshare stopped offering that location. The Pan Pacific (both locations) were on the top of my list, and then they offered buy 2 nights get 1 free so I couldn't pass it up. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay there. I am counting down the days until we leave. This will be our 4th time going to Whistler, but 1st time to Alaska.

Thoughts.....

• Perimeter will be the most convenient for direct service with your luggage from YVR to Whistler. There are other options, where you need make your way downtown or at the bus terminal (Canada Line?).
  • Car rental is an option.... do check if they still have a 17.5% surcharge if you get a rental car within 24hrs of landing. Doesn't matter if you pickup at the airport or elsewhere in the city.
  • Whistler...
    • Peak 2 Peak gondola. Pay attention to closing time... I think they want people off the mountain by 4pm. You want to go up in the morning to maximize your alpine time.
    • Sasquatch for zip line enthusiasts!
    • restaurants
    • lots of outdoor activities

[*]Car rental stops on the road to Whistler and Vancouver

• Shannon Falls
    • Sea 2 Sky Gondola with Skypilot Suspension Bridge
    • BrandyWine Falls
    • Squamish
    • Britannia Beach

VjmD6_v2200 jBvaJ7dskBE _BCzKWh9Yt8 SyUQAwmbTYQ

We are staying at the Pan Pacific Village Center this year. We usually stay in the upper village, but our timeshare stopped offering that location. The Pan Pacific (both locations) were on the top of my list, and then they offered buy 2 nights get 1 free so I couldn't pass it up. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay there. I am counting down the days until we leave. This will be our 4th time going to Whistler, but 1st time to Alaska.

It is a small hotel compared to other Pan Pacific hotels. The service and breakfast were great. We had a 2 bedroom room and loved it. Also loved the location. I looked at staying in the Upper Village at the Fairmont (I think) and there was a huge convention going on. I would stay again in a heart beat at Pan Pacific. It ranks as one of my favorite hotels.

Juliets Mom - here's a company that offers airport to Whistler service - I know one of the drivers - can't name him here but if you want more info you can email me - my address is in my signature.

The company is Lux Bus: https://www.luxbus.com/

They will customize the tour for you

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis:)