Sailing Away from Newport, RI

cruzluvr2

Can anyone tell me if there is a view starboard side as you sail away from Newport, RI? We currently are booked in a starboard cabin and I just realized that the last time we sailed from there we had a port side cabin and was able to see all the mansions along the shore. While I know we can go up on the top deck we enjoyed not having to carry cameras but being able to have them handy when we wanted to take a picture of something.... on our own balcony. If the view is open ocean we may try to change to the port side. Appreciate any comments or thoughts.

As you depart Newport, the starboard side will be facing Conanicut Island. There aren't mansions there. You will pass Beavertail Light at the south end of the island as you enter the southern end of Narragansett Bay. You also see Point Judith LIght and beaches in the distance.

If you are in a starboard cabin now, why not get up early and catch the sights as you approach Newport?

SBtS

As you depart Newport, the starboard side will be facing Conanicut Island. There aren't mansions there. You will pass Beavertail Light at the south end of the island as you enter the southern end of Narragansett Bay. You also see Point Judith LIght and beaches in the distance.

If you are in a starboard cabin now, why not get up early and catch the sights as you approach Newport?

SBtSs

Thanks so much for your input. Appreciate your suggestion, may do that since we are happy with the current cabin.

Thanks so much for your input. Appreciate your suggestion, may do that since we are happy with the current cabin.

Something I thought of after I posted. In my experience, most cruise ships depart Newport after sunset. So another reason to stay where you are.

I tried to determine when and with whom your cruise is, but you haven't joined the roll call.

SBtS

Something I thought of after I posted. In my experience, most cruise ships depart Newport after sunset. So another reason to stay where you are.

I tried to determine when and with whom your cruise is, but you haven't joined the roll call.

SBtS

Thanks for the additional thoughts. We are sailing on the September 30 Regal Princess. We are in Newport on October 1 from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.