Possible Pilot Strike at Delta Airlines Looming...

gtalum

after all this, I think it will be a long time before i fly, at least on delta. what in the world, no, wait, How can a person who makes 169,000 a year, on average, do to need that much money? If I was that, I would gladly sell my Mercedes AMD, both of them, and move out of my 7 bedroom house and take the pay cut.

Geeze...I had no idea that was how much these guys were making. Yes, its dangerous. Yes, it is intricate. Yes you have to deal with life or death situations.

But how about the Military pilots that fly in war zones making less then 35K a year? granted, different planes, but still.

Since you all seem like very informed flyers maybe you can answer some of my questions? I'm hoping that Delta does NOT go on strike but want to know my rights just in case.

Our group of 14x is flying out of a smaller airport in PA to FLL on Thanksgiving Day, two days before our cruise which sails Sat. Nov. 26th to Sat. Dec. 3rd. We all booked directly with Delta, no T/A is involved.

If Delta goes on strike, I doubt that we'll be able to reschedule flights on another airline because of holiday travel. Also, not all airlines fly out of our local airport anyway.

If they do rebook us, do they rebook the entire trip or do I have to wait 'til I get off the cruise to make my return trip arrangements. I can see myself not being able to relax all week long on the cruise wondering HOW I'm going to get home.

I can drive to Miami but it will take 20 hours. We've done it in the past and will do it again if need be...just need some notice AND an oil change. Do I have to rebook something with any airline ? Can I get a refund or give me future credit on my ticket if they strike? What happens if I drive and they settle the strike during my cruise? Do I lose my ticket money cuz now my return flight is available?

Basically, I'm determined to get to Florida one way or another....There's NO way I'm missing the boat. Just need to know what my all my options are if the strike happens.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Linda

Bequia.... I called Delta twice, spoke to a C/S rep, then called back later and spoke to a Supervisor. Got pretty much the same text book answer that they're sure they won't have a strike. Also that currently all flights are not affected and are on-time.

The Supervisor told me that Delta can only strike 30 days after they make their intentions known. I mentioned what I read previously on this thread that "The day the contract is thrown out, the pilots can walk". He said that was untrue and he guarantees that I have NOTHING to worry about. Somehow THAT did NOT put me at ease.

Thanks,

Linda

P.S......I just read this question on the other Delta thread....

What if the airline I am ticketed on goes on strike?

You have the same rights as any other passenger in the event of a work stoppage. Your airline is obligated to make alternative arrangements for you to travel at no additional cost in the event your flight is delayed or cancelled - whether you're holding paper tickets or electronic reservations.

If the airline you're ticketed on goes on strike, please call their customer service department to make alternate flight arrangements

They will attempt to book you on another airline in the same class ie: coach or 1st class, that you have. They will NOT bump someone but will fill empty seats. I was told that they will not limit to sub-classes, it is either coach or 1st class. That will help, but if Delta Pilots do strike, there will be THOUSANDS in the same place as you. By the way there is NO Doubt that Delta will be HISTORY.:cool:

Archived