Norways Midnight Sun

I am going on the Norways Midnight sun on the 11/6 and cant wait but would like an idea of while in port if best to do an excursion or on my own

I am Going to the following

Flam

Bergen

Hellesylt (Cant Get off)

Gierenger

Molde

Tromso

Honningsvag

Harstad

Leknes Loften

Alesund

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

You can do everything on your own !

Don't worry about not getting off at Hellesylt. The journey on the ship itself. down the fjord to Geiranger is not to be missed. Provided you get off the ship reasonably quickly at Geiranger, the Tourist Office there will sell you a ticket to go up Mt Dalsnibba. Make sure you get off the bus at the Fjordland centre on the way back -- not to visit the centre but tso you can walk down by the side of the river via a series of waterfalls.

If you have not been to Bergen before I would aim to get off the ship early and take the Funicular up Mt Floyen and then explore the Bryggen area of the City later in the day.

There's not a great deal to do at Molde -- you can get a bus (no 18 from memory) to the open air Museum.

There will be a shuttle into Tromso. There's almost certainly an organ concert in the Church across the bridge -- I think it's at 2pm but you need to check. The Botanic Gardens near where the ship is berthed are worth a look.

There's not much to do at Honingsveg itself. You can take yourself by bus off to the North Cape Centre -- some like it, some are disappointed. Not been myself but havecheard better reports of the RIB trip from the shop,on the harboursude to a Crab place. They kit you out in survival suits.

Not been to Harstad or Leknes.

At Alesund we usually walk to the hill where there are basically three routes up -- all steps, steps with some winding paths, or a more gentle but longer path round the back.

The town itself is quite picturesque.

There is also a tourist train up the mountain at Alesund if you don't fancy the walk At Tromso you could try the cable car to the top of the mountain across the fjord, the views are excellent and it opens at 10.am. At Geiranger I walked up path beside the waterfall to the Fjordland museum and back down the road. Next time I will do it the other way round. Flam is all about the railway but you need to book the tickets in advance. Or just have a wander about the town. There is a museum about the railway if you are interested. Or maybe take a local ferry somewhere.