Pride of America - Port in Kahului

felicityd

Hi all,My mother and I are doing the Pride of America Hawaiian cruise later this year. She has a prosthetic leg. She can walk short distances but uses a wheelchair for anything longer (say 50 to 100 yards). We want to book a tour with a private company not associated with NCL in Maui, but are concerned because we can't take her wheelchair with us on the tour. I'm just wondering, for anyone who has done this cruise, what is the situation like at the dock in Kahului? Is there a long walk to get to the shuttle bus? Would there possibly be a place that we could store her wheelchair to pick up when we get back? I'm not sure where to find this information so I thought this forum might be a good start.

On another cruise ship they were able to provide a wheelchair for her to use at the dock, but I'm worried that because we're not doing this tour through NCL, they might not be as accommodating (it's our first NCL cruise as well so I'm not sure of their protocol!). Any insights would be greatly appreciated. :)