Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West????

my3kids

Has anyone stayed at this location before?

I hope I have not made a mistake :o - I have booked it on Priceline - very frustrating - but we are traveling on a budget with our 2 children - and need a 'safe' place to stay - not the "Taj Mahul"!

Any info very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Robin

Hi

Thanks for the response!

I talked to the hotel today - she said we can take a shuttle at 12pp or a cab for about $35 one way.

Do you have another option? I am always open to safe suggestions!

TIA

Robin:)

The location is great, there are 3 hotels on the same compound, The Marriott, The courtyard Marriott, and the fairfield inn. I always stay at that Marriott when on business trips in Miami or before my cruises. They are all connected and share the same pool. The Marriott has a great sports bar called "pitchers" When you arrive at miami airport go to the top level and look for the "Marriott Airport South" shuttle . It will take you to the hotel free. It passes about every half an hour.

The location is great, there are 3 hotels on the same compound, The Marriott, The courtyard Marriott, and the fairfield inn. I always stay at that Marriott when on business trips in Miami or before my cruises. They are all connected and share the same pool. The Marriott has a great sports bar called "pitchers" When you arrive at miami airport go to the top level and look for the "Marriott Airport South" shuttle . It will take you to the hotel free. It passes about every half an hour.

Wrong hotels... The OP was asking about Courtyard airport WEST... Different area all together from these.

Well I haven't been inside that particular Courtyard, so I can't comment on that aspect of it. The neighborhood is fine, but there isn't much of anything to do or to walk to in that area. There are plenty of places a short cab or shuttle ride away though.

According to it's website it's under renovation until December 6th. I don't know when you're going, but hopefully you'll get a newly renovated room! :)

Hi my3kids, you could look at the courtyard Marriott South as it is closer to the airport and closer to the cruise ship port. You will save some cab $$$ and alot less traffic. Just a friendly suggestion. I believe you can cancell a Marriott booking up to 24 hrs before the date without charges.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - and Yes, we are 'locked' in at Priceline - but that is ok - my main concern is safety - this is our first cruise with children and making sure (or doing everything I can) our children are safe is my #1 priority, 2nd being simplicity, 3rd being cost. So I will accept the added $ for getting to the port.

Thanks so much - I appreciate it. :)

Robin

Archived