Price Protection form

M_BA

Has anyone has positive results filling out the Price Protection form? I booked a cruise last night and it is $20/pp less expensive this morning. I Called CCL and they directed me to fill out this form within 48 hours of booking. I chose the OBC credit for the difference.

I saved my sisters $1' date='300 on their cabin using that form for our Alaska cruise. I book Early Saver whenever possible.[/quote']

Wow, great savings!

You can get price adjustments even if you haven't booked ES, as long as you are outside of the final payment window. We normally book ES, too. This time DH is having surgery in July, so we booked PG and will adjust to ES when we are just outside the window (just in case we need to change it).

I have done the form for friends that booked on their own and got them the price drops. You have to be careful to pay attention to the question that asks if you want to match to a guarantee cabin.

I take care of all my friend's and family's bookings but told them that unless they use my PVP from here on out, I'm not helping them anymore because it's too much of a pain to go through that each time. If I see a price drop on anyone's reservation, one call to my PVP and he takes care of it right then and there.

I saw a price drop yesterday for a cruise we are taking in August. I used the form and it only took about 1 hour for me to get a response. My family has 6 cabins booked and I got a $100 savings on 5 of them the one they rejected was a cabin with 3 in a inside cabin. I think you have to be able to find the same type of cabin available and there was not a inside cabin that would sleep 3 on the same deck.

I did the online form last night for a $20 pp drop and was done immediately. When I say immediately it was literally less than 1 minute between hitting submit and the email confirmation. The only thing I don't like about the online form is when selecting choices it's blue no matter what, dark or light. So I'm always worried I may lose my cabin if I clicked the wrong spot.

I did the online form last night for a $20 pp drop and was done immediately. When I say immediately it was literally less than 1 minute between hitting submit and the email confirmation. The only thing I don't like about the online form is when selecting choices it's blue no matter what, dark or light. So I'm always worried I may lose my cabin if I clicked the wrong spot.

I put in the notes that I did not want to change cabins. I think that's why I didn't get the price drop on one of our cabins.

I don't understand why you guys use form. I always just call my PVP (or anyone else if she is not available) and get it done right away. I don't wait because prices sometimes changes so frequently that's why I do price checking almost daily.

Using the form is quick. I say, why does anyone use a PVP as I always book online. Personal preference.

Using the form is quick. I say' date=' why does anyone use a PVP as I always book online. Personal preference.[/quote']

There are many different reasons to use a PVP which I won't go into here, but having done price drops both ways, I prefer to call my PVP. It is quicker, and there is zero chance it will be rejected due to error either on my part or the person at Carnival (which can and does happen and by that time the price you saw could be gone).

I will say that I have gotten confirmation of price drops as quick as 15 minutes and as long as a few hours when submitting the form. I prefer to know it's handled before I hang up the phone and have the confirmation right then and there. But you're right, it's all about personal preference.