Life onboard Oceana.

Solent Richard

Good afternoon.

The 2nd part of a review of my 35 night Oceana cruise, entitled 'Life on board', has just been published.

It covers a number of areas and subjects including food, daytime activities, evening entertainment, internet and general life onboard.

There are over 60 photographs covering many activities.

Here is the link, I'm happy to answer any questions...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/24/life-on-board-oceanas-35-night-cruise/

32574300000_97157cf00f_z.jpg

Another balanced, objective and very fair review which brought back pleasant memories of a most enjoyable cruise. Again, I have clear memories of both you and your dinner companions at Cafe Jardin. Sun bathers top side and forward Port side I think on most sunny days! Again, thank you for time and effort in putting the review together.

As an aside, I would welcome your comments on the efficiency of the disembarkation process whenever "tendering" or using "ferries" (Mexico) were involved. Both being ex military, I wonder if you share my opinion there were too many chiefs with few being apparently aware of, or working to, any coordinated " plan" for getting people ashore in a timely manner. My only real niggle on an otherwise most enjoyable cruise.........

A pint on me next time I see you on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another balanced, objective and very fair review which brought back pleasant memories of a most enjoyable cruise. Again, I have clear memories of both you and your dinner companions at Cafe Jardin. Sun bathers top side and forward Port side I think on most sunny days! Again, thank you for time and effort in putting the review together.

As an aside, I would welcome your comments on the efficiency of the disembarkation process whenever "tendering" or using "ferries" (Mexico) were involved. Both being ex military, I wonder if you share my opinion there were too many chiefs with few being apparently aware of, or working to, any coordinated " plan" for getting people ashore in a timely manner. My only real niggle on an otherwise most enjoyable cruise.........

A pint on me next time I see you on board.

Good afternoon Andrew and thank you for your kind comments.

I know what you mean about the 'Chiefs' and twice had to bite my lip when those that were in charge either couldn't see a solution or didn't have the ability/authority to act.

The case in question I witnessed was during the issuing of tickets for the New Orleans immigration queue. It soon became obvious that the queue was going to stretch around 7 Deck 20 minutes before the declared issue time and yet they insisted in waiting till the exact minute.

As the original instructions said, once tickets were issued passengers should make their way to a public lounge for their number to be called.

As it was attempts were being made by some passengers who thought they could 'jump' the queue rather than join the rear of it.

On the tender issue at Montego Bay I had noticed that the 'upper deck' had not been rigged. A good seaman officer would have spotted that and ensured more passengers could board.

Though I did travel on the Ferry at Cozumel I wasn't aware of any issues.

Richard,

No - ditto. Cozumel - we were avoidably late/uncoordinated off and, consequently , late back even tho' Chichen Itza was cut short on site. A niggle and not detracting from etc etc .....

2 pints then even tho' I'm a pongo!

Interesting chat Andrew.

The couple you mentioned dining with me were on a separate coach to Chitzen Itza - the one that returned late.

They were not amused at their time being cut short, as were the passengers on the ferry who had only spent the day at Playa del Carmen who spent over an hour on the ferry waiting for the late coach.

This of course was not P&O's fault. The time wasted by the coach staff having those photographs taken, with the sole purpose of trying to later sell those guide books for $29.95 and which could have been bought at Chitin Itza, minus your photo, for $5.00.

I could go on but breakfast is ready.

Good to talk to you anyway.

Richard.