The need to book so far in advance........

jayscore

"Popular" cabins are subjective and personal preference. We book at least 1 year out and right now I am looking to book our Christmas 2018 cruise on the Breeze from PC. We only book specific balcony or OS cabins (midship, deck 7 mostly) and depending on price and availability it is much smarter for us to grab what we want when we feel the price is right for us. With different sales and offers going on throughout the year we always take a look for the future.

I just booked a cruise for June 2018 on the Magic. My Carnival travel agent said since the $50 deposit sales started, the ships fill up much faster and it is to your advantage to book earlier. He said it is difficult to find good deals to offer at the last minute anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Book early, book often. Take advantage of the $50 deposits. Cancel before 75 days on ones you no wnat.

And people like this (no judgement) is why you can also snag really good rooms at right around the 75 day mark.

For me "really good" is any fully handicapped room since my mom is in a power wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We book early for a few reasons: a) to be able to snag a good cabin (like you I love aft balconies, although as of now none of my booked cruises are in one) and b) we like to have that time to pay off the cruise. Booking early I know how much the total cost is and I can set the money aside and buy discount gift cards to pay on the cruise. Oh, also booking so far in advance gives me lots of time to research the ports and what activities I want to do. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

we have never booked more than 6 months out and always get the cabin we want. I completely disagree that booking a year + in advance is the best pricing. We never book airlines more than 3 months out, never a problem. One thing I do not understand is the $50 deposit. Why does this mean anything to anyone? On our recent B2B on the Magic, we booked early October and got the same spa cabin for both legs.

It seems like our cabins are always around $3000 for two of us so we use the lower deposit sales to snag the suite we really like and then pay it off for 12-18 months. I have never had a price drop, ever. The cruise we have booked now on Miracle in July went up nearly $1000 since we booked it in FEB 2016. We don't care for cruising out of Florida so maybe that's why we never get a price drop?

I could be completely wrong, but I'm often surprised at the unavailability of some cabins when bookings open up. Do agencies grab all these cabins for themselves? It somehow seems unfair to me. I don't know which agency to visit to get that favorite cabin.

travel agents often have a block of say 20-40 cabins they have to sell. after final payment, if they are not sold i think they are released back to carnival