Easter Weekend in Houston/Galveston?

Cel_cruise

We are sailing on 4/16 on RC LOS. We are flying into Hobby on Friday Morning 4/14.

We have 2 nights before our cruise and 1 night after and just can't decide where our family should stay!

If it matters - We cruised out of TX in 2015 and hit up Ke'mah, Pleasure Pier, NASA, Moody Gardens and some Mardi Gras parades...

So - I am wondering if the fact that it is Easter Weekend would be a factor that I should consider? Anything special happen in either place that we might enjoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure The Galvez Hotel will have a fabulous Easter brunch but you probably don't want to do that prior to boarding. I 45 from Houston to Galveston can still get backed up around Bay Area/Nasa 1 Blvd. on the way to the Island so give yourself plenty of time. If you have kids staying in Kemah/Seabrook and then taking Hwy 146 to I 45 should be an easy route to Galveston. Your kids will enjoy the Kemah boardwalk and there are plenty of hotels in the Clear Lake/Kemah area.

Thank you for the reply!!

I have checked out many Easter brunches and egg hunts and they all start at 11am, so we are going to pass on those...

Where I live in Massachusetts a lot of those egg hunt activities are held on Saturday to 'practice' for the Easter bunny but so far / that's not the case in Houston/Galveston!

Right now I have 3 hotel rooms reserved but just haven't fully pot committed to any!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums