Sailing Breakaway NYC/Bahamas 7 day in April- some random questions

JPelli73

This site is a wealth of information! Since booking our cruise on Breakaway a week or so ago, my wife and I have been buried in this site learning all the in's and out's of the ship.

Some random questions that my searching didn't immediately provide answers for:

(1) Upgrade bids. We are a family of 4, one adult and one child in 2 adjoining bargain-basement interior cabins on deck 10. I got the upgrade bid email, my wife didn't. Is there a way to bid on 2 cabins simultaneously? It would be great to win the upgrade but not if we're separated by multiple cabins or multiple decks.

(2) Wine corkage. We're driving to the port and one of the advantages is that we can bring wine with us. If we eat in different venues each night, do our bottles of wine follow us? Are they in some central storage area that's easy for the servers to get to? Is advance notice required? Are our bottles available at the specialty restaurants too, or just the MDRs?

(3) Gluten free food. We booked Cirque but no one is particularly thrilled with the menu, particularly the three celiac (gluten free) members of my family. Who do we call to ensure that we can get a GF meal during the Cirque performance?

(4) In general, do we always need to be a day ahead with our meal planning to ensure good gluten-free availability? What about port venues with included meals like the GSC barbecue/taco bar? (See what I did there with the abbreviations? I'm learning quickly! :-)

I'm sure other stuff will pop up, but any answers to the above would be greatly appreciated. It's only the second cruise for my wife and I but first time for our girls. We're all excited!

Pelli

This site is a wealth of information! Since booking our cruise on Breakaway a week or so ago, my wife and I have been buried in this site learning all the in's and out's of the ship.

Some random questions that my searching didn't immediately provide answers for:

(1) Upgrade bids. We are a family of 4, one adult and one child in 2 adjoining bargain-basement interior cabins on deck 10. I got the upgrade bid email, my wife didn't. Is there a way to bid on 2 cabins simultaneously? It would be great to win the upgrade but not if we're separated by multiple cabins or multiple decks.

(2) Wine corkage. We're driving to the port and one of the advantages is that we can bring wine with us. If we eat in different venues each night, do our bottles of wine follow us? Are they in some central storage area that's easy for the servers to get to? Is advance notice required? Are our bottles available at the specialty restaurants too, or just the MDRs?

(3) Gluten free food. We booked Cirque but no one is particularly thrilled with the menu, particularly the three celiac (gluten free) members of my family. Who do we call to ensure that we can get a GF meal during the Cirque performance?

(4) In general, do we always need to be a day ahead with our meal planning to ensure good gluten-free availability? What about port venues with included meals like the GSC barbecue/taco bar? (See what I did there with the abbreviations? I'm learning quickly! :-)

I'm sure other stuff will pop up, but any answers to the above would be greatly appreciated. It's only the second cruise for my wife and I but first time for our girls. We're all excited!

Pelli

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, the only one I've seen discussions on is #4 & most of what I read is yes, you need to be a day ahead.

I just wanted to say have a great trip! We've been on the Breakaway, going again in October, & it's a great ship. You're girls will love it, as will you & your wife. Have fun & let us know how you enjoyed it when you get back ;)

(2) Wine corkage. We're driving to the port and one of the advantages is that we can bring wine with us. If we eat in different venues each night, do our bottles of wine follow us? Are they in some central storage area that's easy for the servers to get to? Is advance notice required? Are our bottles available at the specialty restaurants too, or just the MDRs?]

Yes your bottle will be stored and you will get a chit. Hand to any bartender or waitstaff and they will retrieve it and what isn't finished will be stored again. You are able to bring it with you to any venue. You will pay the $15 per bottle fee upon boarding. No limit to the amount you bring on.

(3) Gluten free food. We booked Cirque but no one is particularly thrilled with the menu, particularly the three celiac (gluten free) members of my family. Who do we call to ensure that we can get a GF meal during the Cirque performance? You can even eat in an MDR and not worry about the circque meal if you want to be sure. Make sure you contact the access desk before you sail.

Pelli

Have a good trip!

With number 1, you may be SOL with trying to upgrade both cabins. My guess is you are looking for a balcony bid/upsell? I believe if you win a bid, it's more like a guarantee cabin. So both cabins could bid, but you would still likely end up in two unsold rooms that are not near each other. There are a lot of balcony cabins on a ship! If the adjoining cabins are important, you may be best staying where you are.

Keep price watching though, you may be able to upgrade yourself for free or cheap and pick the rooms that suit you best!

Have a great trip!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk