Circle C Fascination

csj092809

Does anyone have any experience with sending kids to Circle C? Out of San Juan, when do they have orientation? Do they do pretty cool activities? Is it all supervised? I have never taken a teen on a cruise, so I am unfamiliar with anything but Camp Ocean. Any insight is highly appreciated!

I can't speak to the specific ship, but we've been on 3 different ones in the past 15 months and they were all pretty much the same. The big difference you'll see is how things may change depending on the number of kids on the cruise. The 2 November ones we did had a much smaller amount, so they did things with the other groups. However, our summer cruise was packed with kids, the Circle C group was easily 40 kids. They have a list of activities, which seem to be the same types of things from cruise to cruise, just may be at different times/days. But they also don't stick it either sometimes. If they have a game scheduled, and the kids want to do something different, they may change them.

My trip report for the one we just did has photos of most of the days in Circle C. It gives you an idea of the things they do. Oh, and orientation is done the first night, after dinner. You have to fill out the paperwork, just signing them up, making sure they have their wristband if they're 12 & under for their muster station, etc...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2427055&page=2

My kids loved the midnight activities. :)

Yep! On the Caribbean cruises, my son loves the things going on until midnight/ 1 a.m.! On the Alaska one, he didn't do that as much since we had to be up earlier for many of the excursions. We'd often be in our room, ready for bed, waiting for him to "come home!" LOL!