Enchanted with the Enchantment

curiousjly

Hi all,

I am on the Enchantment right now, it is a little bit bumpy, at least for me. I am enjoying myself, it is wonderful, even with the weather being a tad bit chopy.

:eek:

She is a beautiful ship, the crew is FANTASTIC and it has/is (been) well worth the money.

Only one little problem, will provide more details when I get home.

I wil post more when I return home, I could not do wireless, as RCI is an unsecure line, and so of no use to me for my work. :confused:

But had to check something out, and decide to say hi, she is a wonderful ship.:D

Janette LY

Am glad you are enjoying Enchantment of the Seas. We really enjoyed her in October. Here's a funny story. Last weekend we had just returned form a cruise, our first on another cruiseline. When we got off the ship Enchantment was docked near us. Dang! Did I wish ever wish we could just walk over there with our luggage and get right on her. I even said, "Hubby, let's run over there and see if they'll take us as late passengers." He thought it would be fun, but he'd had enough after what we experienced on this last cruise on the other line.

What was the other cruise line and did you have a rotten time on it. My family and I are sailing on the Enchantment for our first cruise in Feb 13th and we are a little scared on what the weather and the seas will be like. any info would be helpful from anyone.

I've been on 8 cruises.... 5 on Enchantment!!!

She is my favorite ship!! There's just something magical about her that I have never experienced on any other ships... Not to say my other cruises weren't all great.... it's just that there's something about Enchantment that sets her apart from the rest.

If you happen to stop by the rock climbing wall, please tell Amy and Chris (Chris being a guy in this case!) that Amy from Philadelphia says "hello"!

Am glad you are enjoying Enchantment of the Seas. We really enjoyed her in October. Here's a funny story. Last weekend we had just returned form a cruise, our first on another cruiseline. When we got off the ship Enchantment was docked near us. Dang! Did I wish ever wish we could just walk over there with our luggage and get right on her. I even said, "Hubby, let's run over there and see if they'll take us as late passengers." He thought it would be fun, but he'd had enough after what we experienced on this last cruise on the other line.

RCCL uses berth 25. Holland America uses 26. Carnival Corp uses 21. Berths 25 and 21 are right across the street from each other. Some cruise lines may share berths though.

At the other end of Port Everglades, Princess uses 2, Discovery uses 4.

What was the other cruise line and did you have a rotten time on it. My family and I are sailing on the Enchantment for our first cruise in Feb 13th and we are a little scared on what the weather and the seas will be like. any info would be helpful from anyone.

Hurricane season ends Nov. 30 so don't worry. Water shouldn't be that bad. I'm going in January so I'll post it here on CC how it was.

He Everyone, I will give a quick review of what I saw, and then not be back on for around three or four days, as I have a final and my research paper due NOW.:eek:

The flight was fun, as it was a charter fight for the Majesty of the Sea, and a couple of the group got a little tipsy. ;) I was on the charter because Delta messed up and sold the free seats.

On getting on, we arrived at 11:30 the crowd wasn't too bad, and we were able to get a seat. They took the priorities first, then the set and sail people. As I had filled them, we were able to get going FAST. We did the final paperwork, and went on board. It was around 12:40 by then, and we asked if we could go to our cabin, told yes, but the luggage would not be in until much later.

Went to guest relations, got the wireless set up, took care of putting the cash on the account (if you are using cash, you have to go to guest relations, if a credit card, then you can do it at the boarding section).

Came on board, more about that later, it was around 12:45 and we asked if we could go to our cabins, told yes, but luggage would not be in.

Were able to drop off our carryons, and then go and do some exploring.

With my mobility, I was wore out, so I spent a lot of time sitting and letting my daughter do some dashing about to check out what was close.

It was time to leave port, so we went to the pool deck, and then on the top area, where the walkways are at. There, we got a drink and waved to everyone who was on the shore waving us goodbye. It was nice. :D

I took some pictures, lots of pictures, lots of pictures, LOL

We went back to the cabin, I had to rest, we were given our luggage, and we were able to dress for dinner. I will give more about that latter, it was great.

I was not able to do a lot of exploring, but my daughter did, for the first couple of days, she didn't want to leave me, but I finally convienced her to go and get lost for a few hours. She did then, and had a GREAT time. She did Quest, and climed the wall, went to some plays, and just wandered with the woman I had met here, they are close in age, so had a lot of fun together. I was so thankful for her, and she and her family were wonderful. I don't say things unless I mean them, if they weren't I would have said they were nice and let it go. But they were lots more than nice, Sara and I really enjoyed being with them, and the little one, she was sooooooo good. A doll, Sara wanted to take her home with her.

I went to the opening play the first night, and the magician another night, we missed another night as they changed the time, and we didn't know so missed it. :( Sara went another night, though.

She saw and did more than I did, and I will get from her any information that anyone wants that I can't provide.

There is so much to share. She is truly enchanting. The crew and staff were great, I felt as if I was some English titled, or royalty at a grand palace. Or maybe I should say French, as it was always "Yes, Madame (sp?), what can I do for you?".

She wasn't too big, there was enough places for me to stop and get the rest I needed for my back. Since we were almost in the middle of the ship, when we wanted to go somewhere, it wasn't a lot of walking if we were in our cabin.

I was surprised at how much room there was, it was cozy, but we had no trouble moving around, and the shower was much larger than what I expected it to be.

The ocean view was something to see. I enjoyed it a lot, as I was in my room working and it helped to make that more endurable.

Jerry was our sever, at dinner, and he was wonderful, he talked a little too fast for me, but my hearing isn't the best, so that was the main problem.

Kathy, our steward, was fanstatic, she laughed and joked with us, got us anything we needed, and I loved the towel animals.

I wasn't able to do nearly as much schoolwork as I needed to. The ship was so beautiful, and distracting, there were times when I should have been working, but just couldn't resist going and sitting in some areas. :o

For anyone who is going on her soon, you will love her. There are still a problem or two with the vacumn for the bathrooms in some areas, but they fixed them as soon as they could.

Sara was ready to leave, but it was to see her kids, she missed them.

I missed my hubby, and so I was ready to leave, in one way, but in another, I would have enjoyed more time, the five days wasn't enough to explore the whole ship, with my mobility problems.

I won't be back to answer any questions for at least three days, as I have to get the work done, or I will flunk my class. But it was WONDERDFUL.

I wanna go on another cruise.

Janette LY

I've been on 8 cruises.... 5 on Enchantment!!!

She is my favorite ship!! There's just something magical about her that I have never experienced on any other ships... Not to say my other cruises weren't all great.... it's just that there's something about Enchantment that sets her apart from the rest.

If you happen to stop by the rock climbing wall, please tell Amy and Chris (Chris being a guy in this case!) that Amy from Philadelphia says "hello"!

CruisinBabe.... I would be interested to know what you think of the Enchantment, since by your sig you've cruised her both pre-stretch and post-stretch.

My wife and I are booked on the 12/5 cruise. It's our first cruise. :) With the stretch, it seems like she's now almost as long as the megaships, but not as tall and thus I would think not as crowded or hard to get around (although I have read in other threads that there are crowd problems in the theater and nightclubs... don't know if you can confirm or deny).

We drove up to Boston just to see her when she was doing Boston/Canada runs, and she does look gorgeous, especially with the new flying bridges. (She's my desktop picture ever since, LOL.)

I've heard the food in the Windjammer on this particular ship is very good, with lots of variety. Your thoughts? (I don't eat red meat or fowl, so I was pleased to read in some threads that they have a large and tasty selection.)

I was really worried that I would not like Enchantment as much once they stretched her. I always thought she was perfect just as she was and did not need to be streached. Plus, I've never really been a big fan of the mega ships. I'll sail on them, but bigger is not necessarily better, IMO.

Now... that having been said... I was pleasantly surprised when I sailed Enchantment post stretch!!! Despite the added section, the ship has managed to maintain a certain feeling of intimacy which I don't think you find on the mega ships. The added section really is not that long, length-wise... so the ship itself is still nowhere near as big as any of the Voyager class ships. One of the best things about the "new" Enchantment is Boleros. I really didn't think Enchantment needed any new bars... but let me tell you, Boleros is such a hopping place in the evenings!! It's really turned out to be a wonderful addition to an already great ship!!! Make sure you stop in there for a drink when the Latin band is playing. And Paula from Chile is one of the best bar servers in the entire Royal Caribbean fleet!!! Hopefully she'll still be there when you sail.

The Windjammer has a good selection of food. You should have no trouble finding anything you like. I'm not very particular when it come to food so I can't really give you much of a "food critic-type" review. I just eat it!! It all taste good to me!!!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on Enchantment!!! The staff and crew are the best on the high seas!! I've sailed her 5 times and each cruise turns out to be even better than the one before!!

I would love to hear a review of your cruise once you get back!!

Oh!! One last thing --- You must stop by the rock climbing wall (top deck, very back of the ship) and say 'hello' to Amy D. and Chris (AKA "Christoipher") for me!!! I ended up hanging out with both of them on my last 2 cruises and we've exchanged a couple emails. They're both really great, friendly people and I'd really appreciate it if you told them Amy from Philly says "hi"!!

And be sure to try the rock wall!!! :)

Thanks~

Amy

I just re-read your post and realized I didn't address the issue of crowds.

I've heard a lot of people complain about crowd problems in the theater. I did not encounter this problem. I had second seating dinner on both of my Enchantment post stretch cruises... so I was basically going to the later shows. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. In fact... on the last cruise I was on, in Oct. there were a lot of empty seats most nights in the theater.

The Spotlight Lounge did get crowded during the more popular events like the Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception or The Quest. But it really didn't matter to me. I don't let stuff like this bother me when I'm on a cruise!!!

You also asked about the nightclub - The Viking Crown Lounge - some nights it was crowded, but IMO... that just makes for a more lively disco when you've got more people out on the dance floor!!! (Plus... the more people out there dancing, the less likely will see what a HORRIBLE dancer I am!!! I need the extra bodies to hide behind!!)

Any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!!!

My Wife and I are trying to get used to snow in Michigan after leaving the Enchantment yesterday. We were with a group of more than 120 on a sales incentive trip. Other than a few sick people due to very rough seas on Sunday, I did not hear any complaints.

The size of the ship was perfect for a group like ours. There are plenty of places to mingle or simply sit and read/relax on your own. We enjoyed both the Viking lounge and Boleros depending on the night, others we were with, or our mood. We had no problems with crowds anywhere. The food (both dining room and Windjammer) was fantastic!

The junior suites with a balcony are very comfortable and have plenty of room for two.

There were few children on board, however in the debarkation line, I spoke with several parents with kids in the 11 to 14 year old range with very positive things to say about the kids programs.

Hint: If you are going to actively participate in quest, get there early to sit near the front. I won't spoil anything by saying anything more except "don't miss it!"

Hi Mike -- So you're going on the 12/5 sailing too?!?! I'm so jealous!! I feel like everyone is going but me!! Ok... now you too have to stop by the rock climbing wall and say 'hello' to my buddies Chris & Amy D. ((and you better climb that wall while you're there!!))

And yes... I have to second what Paul said... DO NOT MISS the Quest!! And definitly plan on getting there early to get a good seat!

Amy

Hi,

Thanks for all the nice words Janette. :o

I can't say enough about you and your daughter also. Thanks again for the gift you gave my daughter. We also had fun glad we meet and tell Sara Hi from me. It was very nice to have some one to wonder and go to late night stuff with. While my husband decided to turn in early every night.

The quest game is one to denetly not miss. Our team won 2nd place. It defentely helps to sit in front.

The shipshape activites for a dollor was also nice. The scaveager hunt had us literally running thru the ship. Everyone was staring at us like we were crazy but it was really fun.

My daughter who is 4 loved the adventure ocean place. She wanted to be there the whole time. I just wish they would have told us on pirate night the kids were going to show up before the show. We would of brought out video camera. It was awesome to see my daugter on stage singing will all the other kids. SHe is really shy and will not say hi to anyone so to see her sing away was awesome. We were in the 10 row and she actully spot us and waved and then went back to singing.

They had a clip of her in the cruise and review dvd so we ended up buying.

I don't know what else we really did but I was busy the whole time. The comedies were very funny.

Just to chime in after Amy's reply about crowding in the theatre.

I think that it REALLY varies from cruise to cruise. We cruised the week of 8/14, and the show for main seating diners was VERY VERY VERY crowded. (we didn't care; we got there early and ALWAYS got prime seats :))

My friend cruised the WEEK before us, and ALSO ate first seating and went to the shows each night, and she said that on HER cruise. there was NO crowding in the theatre.

So, you pay your money and you take your chances............ :)

We are also going on the 12/5 sailing, 2 more weeks are going to go by soooo slowly. This is my first time with RCCL. Please tell us more about this ship, anyone been in cabin 3612? There will be DH, myself and DD age 11, will we have to climb over everybody? How do we find out before we get on the ship where they have us for dinner? Daughter wants to be on the balcony level, looking down.

Also, can anyone tell me, we changed our cabin from an inside to outside, got the docs for inside, will they send out new docs or what?

It is so ironic, we had cabin 3612. It is really nice. It should be okay for three, depending on your daughters size. There are bunk type beds that pull down (others may be better at identifying them). There is also a small sofa, loveseat that she may be able to sleep on. I think over 3 1/2 ft in length and it would be a bit tight. I don't know if it folds out, but I doubt it. If it didd, then there would be no room to move at all. So, probably one of the top beds will pull down.

The closet space was plenty, there were drawers in the closet, LOTS of hangers, and drawers in the vanity area. Sara and I could have both put our clothes there and had some room, but she prefers to leave her stuff in the luggage. I would suggest putting as much as you can in the drawers, and then putting the luggage in the closet. I had room to put a large case between the bed and sofa. I didn't check under the beds, there may be room there. There is an area behind the mirrors in the vanity also for stuff, I didn't realize that until the last day, go figure. LOL.:rolleyes:

There was plenty of room for our soaps, shampoos, and stuff, and this is two females, each with our own bottles of soaps, shampoos, conditioners, razors, deoderants, makeup, and such. Sara brought TWO curling irons, and a hairdryer, and we had room.

They have a hairdryer, and it was plenty adequate, Sara finally put hers up and just used the one in the cabin.

The shower was fine, I am on the hefty side, and I had no trouble moving. If you are 300 lb or more, then it would be tight, but otherwise, okay.

The curtain did not cling, it was clothlike material, and seemed to be weighted at the bottom, so no problem.

If you have Kathy, she will be great, she had a good laugh when Sara forgot her seapass key, and then dropped her ice cream cone on the floor. She let her in the room to get her key, and Sara helped her to clean up her mess. She is really sweet and was always checking to see if we needed anything.

You will have a great view of the ocean. We could sit up and see the ocean from the window, and when we came to port, if it was on our side, we were able to watch. That is until we dashed out the door to get to the top for a PERFECT view.

We were on the balcony in dining, but right at the entrance, it would have been nicer to have looked down, but as for the window, it was dark, so we wouldn't have been able to see anything.

If you get table 1 (the table we had) You should have Jerry and Raji (sp?). They were great. Both are from India, and Jerry is engaged. Shawn was the head waiter, and okay, but we had a slight problem, will explain more about that later. :(

Did I help you any? If more questions, I will try to answer. I will off and on here, last week of class, so am rushed with schoolwork.

Janette

Am taking a break from work, so wanted to give the info about the problem we had.

We had a great dining group. There were two other ladies, around my age, (I am 50). One worked for a agency that set up excursions, and was on a business type trip. The other, her husband had died a little over a year earlier, and she felt she needed to get out. We had another, but she was very sick from day one and only showed up on the last night. She was really nice also.

On the second day, formal night, the ocean was rough. For many who are used to the ocean, it probably wasn't bad, but many, it was a tab much. Sara and I are used to rolling hilly roads, so it wasn't a problem to us, just like driving at home. :p

The one lady, J, was VERY quesy. She was pale and looked awful! From the sea sickness, not her looks, okay. Jerry brought her some soup, but she couldn't eat it, so he brought her some crackers and offered to get her an apple (what is it with the apple, a lot of people were getting apples for their sickness??). She said no, so Sara asked if there was gingerale, and he said yes, and all of us at the table asked him to get some for her. He had to go to the bar to get it, the head waiter sent him there. When the bartender brought it, he also wanted her to pay for it! ! ! ! ! !

This was horrible to all of us, and to J. She refused to pay, and we all agreed with her, she shouldn't pay, the head waiter could have ordered some to be sent from the tap, and she wouldn't have had to pay for that, but no, he sent for her to be given a can, which required her to be charged. :confused:

Shawn was called over, and we all made it clear that we felt it was just awful, here she was sick, and they wanted her to pay for a stupid can of gingerale!? !? ? !? !?! ?!.:eek:

Shawn, instead of brushing it aside, and telling the bartender to let it go this once, started to argue with her about how she had to pay. Then, he realized it was ticking the whole table off, and changed his mind, and told the bartender to let it go.

It would have been different if she had just ordered it to drink but it was for her sickness. She was obviously feeling sick, and no one wanted her to become really sick, as it seems that several people did.

So, that is the little incident.

The other problem dealt with Stacy's family, the toilet and shower had problems and spewed out some awful stuff, and got on their clothes. RCI covered the cleaning, and when they couldn't fix the problem, moved them to another room a balcony room. it was nice. It was a good thing it was after the rough night, or they would have been sick also.

Janette LY

The other problem dealt with Stacy's family, the toilet and shower had problems and spewed out some awful stuff, and got on their clothes. RCI covered the cleaning, and when they couldn't fix the problem, moved them to another room a balcony room. it was nice. It was a good thing it was after the rough night, or they would have been sick also.

Janette LY

What room number was that? If it's ours, I want to change, LOL! We have five couples, but I only know two pairs of rooms: 3050/3052, and 4749/4751.

It was room number 2063. Our room was next door to my parents and our toliet also stopped working a couple of times. I was told they were having vacume problems. It was not fun tring to get ready for dinner and have to go up to the 4th floor to use a bathroom.

They said there was nothing they could do about it. People throw things down the toliet they shouldn't and then they have to shut it off from that point on and try to get it out of the system. So being on the bottom just made us lucky. THe guest relations person told me once they had a group from Japan and they were flushing disposaple underwear down the toliets and it was clugging everthing up. That is what she told me.

Archived