If one of you is Platinum and one of you is Gold

The Badger

Hi

In this scenario, does the Platinum person board separately to the Gold person, even if they are in the same cabin?

My check in time is 11:30, but obviously the Platinum person can get on earlier if they wish, so would she get on first and meet me on the ship?

We are in that situation. I (Gold) board with my Platinum partner. My luggage tags are marked Priority. When we are together, we go to the Priotity line at GS; if I go alone, I use the regular line. If I am with him, I can use priority tender boarding, but not by myself. Only he gets the Platinum gift, other than one time when two Tervis tumblers were given to us. I am not invited to the Platinum & Diamond party, but he doesn't care for them and wouldn't go if I was invited.

• 7 months later...

I have a question... I'll be platinum on our next cruise, while I'm pretty sure my husband and two kids (in the same room as me) will board with me. The twist is, we are taking our two nieces with us (18 &19), they will be in a a cabin across the hall from us. We are paying for it all, booked at the same time, but they have a different booking/confirmation number. Where will they check in? Will their cards be with mine, or in the regular area? Don't really care, they are big kids, and can check in themselves, but just wondering if they would be included with us since we are "responsible" for them.

I have a question... I'll be platinum on our next cruise, while I'm pretty sure my husband and two kids (in the same room as me) will board with me. The twist is, we are taking our two nieces with us (18 &19), they will be in a a cabin across the hall from us. We are paying for it all, booked at the same time, but they have a different booking/confirmation number. Where will they check in? Will their cards be with mine, or in the regular area? Don't really care, they are big kids, and can check in themselves, but just wondering if they would be included with us since we are "responsible" for them.

Only those in your cabin. Nieces in separate room correct? They are on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since they are 18 and 19 they may actually check in with you. Typically hough, it is by cabin.

This has been my experience. My son's are in a separate cabin (12 and 18 at time of last sailing) and as it was explained to me, because they cannot sail alone, then they board with you. An 18 and 19 year old cannot book a cabin (with perhaps a marriage exception to my knowledge) and sail without a guardian. That logic makes sense to me.

The boys cards were not in the platinum area, so they did have to go to the regular to get them. They seemed to have no issue as it was 12:30/1 pm when we arrived so there was no one in the Platinum line. That may have been part of the key to our success.

Thanks for the information. So they can't board without us, is that what I'm hearing? So, they will need to be with us? If they go by themselves in the "regular" line will they be turned away?

If your cabins are linked in the computer and you check in first, they would be able to go by themselves.

It's possible if you are separated you will probably check in first because of a quicker check in, then they would be able to check in through the regular line. If you are seperated you can come right back together after the security check in. No need to stress over it, have fun!

Fyi, it's a grey area for the port workers. if they were 16, no question. Being 18 and 19, sometimes they separate, sometimes they dont.

The easiest way to figure out if your nieces will be allowed into the priority check-in area is to print out the luggage tags or boarding passes associated with their cabin. If these do not have the FttF logo and/or say priority on them then Carnival is considering them adult enough to check themselves in through general boarding.

Since staggered check-ins have been adopted by almost all of the ports Carnival uses, the port authority clerks have been more vigilant about checking paperwork. Without Priority showing on their boarding pass, there is doubt that port personnel would allow them to proceed to the Priority check-in counter with you since a quick look at their IDs would show them to be over 18.