Questions about a B2B

Karlou

We will be doing our first B2B on the Magic. Are we able to leave the ship Miami in order to go to a drugstore? I know we can bring wine on for the first leg, but can we bring it on for the second leg? (I know we have to go through customs) Also, is the self serve laundry open on embarkation day? I'm thinking this would be a good day to do the laundry that I don't want to send out ie: delicates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be doing our first B2B on the Magic. Are we able to leave the ship Miami in order to go to a drugstore? I know we can bring wine on for the first leg, but can we bring it on for the second leg? (I know we have to go through customs) Also, is the self serve laundry open on embarkation day? I'm thinking this would be a good day to do the laundry that I don't want to send out ie: delicates.

Yes you are able to leave the ship. You will receive a "In Transit" ticket so you can zip back through to get back on. Yes, you can bring on more wine or soda's. I don't know about the laundry, I was too busy enjoying being the only guest on the ship for over 2 hours. We actually waited to go out until after the others started boarding so we could enjoy the ship while we had it to ourselves.

If you leave the ship in Miami, you will be given an "In Transit" card. You will not be able to get back onboard until boarding for the next cruise has started. There will be a separate line for you to get back onboard.

Yes you are able to leave the ship. You will receive a "In Transit" ticket so you can zip back through to get back on. Yes, you can bring on more wine or soda's. I don't know about the laundry, I was too busy enjoying being the only guest on the ship for over 2 hours. We actually waited to go out until after the others started boarding so we could enjoy the ship while we had it to ourselves.

That is so cool I would love to experience that .... what was open for you to do while waiting?

The pools and hot tubs were open but not the bars. However, we did have a glass of champagne when we were walked back on the ship and one of waiters kept bringing us champagne while we were in the hot tub. We were the only couple doing a back to back so I think we got extra special treatment because not only did we have a bottle of champagne and a fruit basket waiting in our room but we got a free bottle of wine (anything up to $50) at dinner that first night. No one has mentioned receiving a bottle for dinner on cruise critics that I've seen so I think that may have been something special. We didn't try the slides so I don't know about those. I would assume they were not manned. We also didn't try to eat but I would assume that things like guys burgers would have been closed and maybe the buffet until regular boarding started. We were more focused on shooting photos of an empty ship and enjoying having the hot tubs and pools to ourselves. I would definitely stay and enjoy that time. You have all day to run to the drug store or your car.

We've never been the only couple doing a B2B, and have also not had boarding begin within 20 or 30 minutes after we reboarded the ship, but we do enjoy them. In our experience the laundry room is open on embarkation day, but may actually be busy with the crew doing their laundry. I think the best day to do laundry on a B2B is the first sea day of the 2nd cruise, everyone has brought clean clothes with them so it's not busy at all.

The Magic is not in Miami, it's in Port Canaveral

It is in Miami for my B2B. I booked this quite far out. :)

We have other things going on in the meantime...

I like to plan things well in advance... :)

Not sure you got an answer to your wine question, but, yes, you can bring wine for both legs when you board for the first one. You will have boarding passes for both legs and that is all you need.

That makes sense....thanks!

We've never been the only couple doing a B2B, and have also not had boarding begin within 20 or 30 minutes after we reboarded the ship, but we do enjoy them. In our experience the laundry room is open on embarkation day, but may actually be busy with the crew doing their laundry. I think the best day to do laundry on a B2B is the first sea day of the 2nd cruise, everyone has brought clean clothes with them so it's not busy at all.

That, too, makes sense. The first sea day of the second cruise might be less hectic. Thanks!

We did a behind the scenes tour. The crew has their own laundry area on deck 0. I doubt the crew is allowed to use the guests laundry service.