Allure Feb 27 to March 5 2017 Live updates: Drinks, Flowrider, etc

Neeny12

thanks for the updates! any idea how much the build a bear costs on board? thanks

It depends on the item. The ones I looked at were $30 but there might be other pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Noisy room:

The room we had with the noise issue was 12198, middle of the hump, forward, on the port side. 12200 next to us was also affected. Hopefully they fixed it before this week's cruise.

Cruise injuries although not serious at all:

Wish I could post videos, but on DH's last Flow Rider ride he hit the padding feet first and sprained a toe! He didn't even realize he damaged it until a few hours later. Does that put him off? No way. He would do it again.

All those stairs took a toll on my knees. We took stairs whenever we could and that was a challenge for me as our cabin was on deck 12. I find the rise on the stairs not very deep so it's usually not too bad but by day 5 my knees sounded like crunching cellophane and by day 6, I had to use elevators. I still have difficulty going upstairs not as bad going down. I had knee surgery about 10 months ago. One of many, but a different knee this time. If I didn't have a meniscus tear the surgeon would have considered knee replacement due to severe arthritis. As it was he cleaned it up and sent me on my way. To put it into perspective, I'm at least 25 years too young for the surgery. Back to strengthening....

Edited by Neeny12

Cruise injuries although not serious at all:

Wish I could post videos, but on DH's last Flow Rider ride he hit the padding feet first and sprained a toe! He didn't even realize he damaged it until a few hours later. Does that put him off? No way. He would do it again.

All those stairs took a tool on my knees. We took stairs whenever we could and that was a challenge for me as our cabin was on deck 12. I find the rise on the stairs not very deep so it's usually not too bad but by day 5 my knees sounded like crunching cellophane and by day 6 I had to use elevators. I still have difficulty going upstairs not as bad going down. I had knee surgery about 10 months ago. One of many, but a different knee this time. If I didn't have a meniscus tear the surgeon would have considered knee replacement due to severe arthritis. As it was he cleaned it up and sent me on my way. To put it into perspective, I'm at least 25 years too young for the surgery. Back to strengthening....

Thanks for the review/comments! We'll be on Allure as of Sunday. Can't wait!

I, too, have severe arthritis. My left knee has no cartilage - so bone on bone. My right has a bit of cartilage left. I had tried the gel injections for a couple years. They didn't really help that much. I went back to cortisone injections a year or more ago - every 3 months. They wear off after 2+ months, but at 60 I feel too young for knee replacement surgery. Plus, while it's unethical and borderline against the law - when you take STD where I work - people often come back to find they've been moved to another team, and often they aren't good teams. So I'd rather wait until some day when I'm retired to have the surgery. I'll likely be using the elevators a lot - even though they'll be slow. We'll build in enough time for it. In my case, going down stairs hurts more than going up.