Another kids club question:

sk8rmomof3

I have kids ages 6,9, and 13. They are excited for the kids clubs but not quite sure how these work. My kids don't know any details about our cruise (When, where, what ship), but they know there are the clubs on all ships. They watched YouTube videos that show X-Box games and things like that. I really don't want to put them in there for them to play video games all day! Do they have scheduled activities they take them on and keep them active? Or is it more of like a daycare, drop them off and they are in the room the whole time? I saw theres an outside playground, but other than that, do they do adventures and keep them active? I want the kids to get the most out of this trip and meet other kids and experience a lot. Playing video games is not my idea of cruising. Any insight as to what they do??? Thanks in advance!

I can only speak to what the 13 year old will do. Lot's of hanging out, playing games, (yes video games too), various activities, etc... My son has always enjoyed it. In my signature is my trip report for our cruise on the Magic, this past November. In there, I have photos of the Circle C activities for several of the days. It will give you an idea of what things they'll do there.

Get them there the first day. I've read over and over that the kids start to form their own groups right away. It's a lot easier for your kid to be there when those bonds are forming than to show up later.

Good to know. Thank you. So they start the clubs right at boarding. Do they have an actual itinerary of events for the clubs? Or is it just you show up when you want and hang out? I just don't want them to be indoors playing video games they could do at home! Explore and experience new things!

I can only speak to what the 13 year old will do. Lot's of hanging out, playing games, (yes video games too), various activities, etc... My son has always enjoyed it. In my signature is my trip report for our cruise on the Magic, this past November. In there, I have photos of the Circle C activities for several of the days. It will give you an idea of what things they'll do there.

Thank you. I'll check that out

Good to know. Thank you. So they start the clubs right at boarding. Do they have an actual itinerary of events for the clubs? Or is it just you show up when you want and hang out? I just don't want them to be indoors playing video games they could do at home! Explore and experience new things!

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that. The kids clubs on our Disney cruise was great, they had activities all over the ship. On the Oasis the club was sparsely attended and activities were often cancelled. I've heard people say the Carnival clubs are good, but only time will tell.

They have a kind of meet and greet the day you board and to make sure you have all your forms filled out (and CCL has all the info they need from you like allergies/special needs etc.) and get your wrist bands for the younger kids. The counselors will meet the kids and show you all around, you will get a schedule of activities. The clubs are not technically open that first day.

It will be in the Fun Times for the orientation in the clubs. Every time we went, it was the first night, around 8:30ish... for Circle C. But yes, go the first night to get them acquainted with everyone right away.

The kids are inside for their activities or at least that is our experience with the eight and under clubs. We usually let our granddaughter go to the club most mornings and evenings but get her out for lunch and then let her spend the rest of the day at the pool and water slides. She has been on eleven cruises and as she gets older, she is now nine, she prefers to spend more time outside. She does not play video games and is very active so this may be why the clubs are less appealing to her now.

Take your kids the first day to the meet up and a couple of different times of the day as the groups vary from morning sessions to the night time sessions. Let them decide if they like it or not as not all kids are not the same.