Motion sickness

barbara01

Sea Bands are not Hoo Doo whatever that means. They have saved me on many an occasion. Bought mine at CVS-worth a try. In contrast to medication, they can be used as needed without side effects.

Help please, This is my first cruise and I am taking my 80yr old mother to the southern caribbean in April.

My mum suffers from Menieres disease which is a condition of the inner ear causing something akin to severe vertigo, which is why I have never taken her on a cruise. We are told that she won't feel the movement on a large ship but I am concerned, I was told that the highest decks would be the best so we have cabins on the 9th deck. I have now read that there is a lot of movement felt on the higher decks and we would have been better lower down.

Can anyone please confirm. We are travelling on Celebrity Summit.

Many Thanks

Whomever told you that the higher cabins were best was stark raving bonkers. Compare a ship to a teeter totter. What part of the teeter totter has the most movement - the end of the thing or the part near the middle.

DON