Sapphire Princess Feb 2018 Asia

lindyloo17

Thinking of booking this cruise with my friend ( to celebrate our 50th birthdays )

I've only cruise Royal Caribbean and Disney.

She's never cruised.

We want to do this as the itinerary seems to pack a lot in 😀😀😀

Any hints or tips for 2 ladies

We will be in the cheapest stateroom 😂😂😂 but at least we will be on board 😍

• 4 months later...

We did the Sapphire March 2016 17 nights from Singapore to Beijing and loved it. What is the itinerary like in 2018 ?

You kinda need lots of research if you want to enjoy as some ports are really far from cities.

Sea ya

Eric

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

The one I am considering is 11 days departing Jan. 28 from Singapore. Kota Kinabalu, Nha Trang, HoChi Minh City, Sihanoukville, Bangkok, Ko Samui, and back to Singapore. I know the ship excursions can be expensive so will be researching private tours, local tours, etc. We will also need visa information so if anyone has that for Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore it could save me some research time. Any information about this itinerary or the Sapphire Princess - pros and cons - would be greatly appreciated.

The dining rooms are unique and different on Sapphire (and Diamond) compared to the other ships of similar design (or at least they were a few years ago). I'll explain in bullet form because in paragraph form it seems to get jumbled:

1: Instead of two full-width MDRs mid-ship, they got chopped in half, so there are four half-width MDRs mid-ship. (There's still a full-width MDR 6/aft).

2: Each of the four mid-ship MDRs has a theme, and the decor matches the theme.

3: All five MDRs serve the same menu as each other. The menu rotates daily as you'd expect, but the menu you see outside one MDR is the same menu you'd see (and be served from) in the other MDRs that night.

4: The four mid-ship MDRs each have one additional dish that matches their theme. It's not listed on the menu, and does NOT change nightly. In other words, at least as I understand it, that one additional dish is the same today as it will be when you cruise. It's my understanding that you can't get that dish in any other MDR.

5: One of the mid-ship MDRs is used for an overflow early traditional seating at 5:30 (or whatever time the MDH sets for the cruise), and converts to anytime dining at the conclusion of that TD seating. The other three mid-ship MDRs are ATD all night long every night. (The aft MDR is traditional dining early and late.)

Needless to say, we were about 5 or 6 days into a 7-day cruise before we learned about the MDR special dishes. You may want to ask recent cruisers what the dishes were as you get closer to your next cruise, though for all I know this whole thing has changed now that the ship is in Asia. ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...