Marina 2-18 to 2-25-2017 ~ What I Will Miss

HeatherInFlorida

I thought about reviewing our 7-night Caribbean cruise on board the Oceania Marina, but it would simply be a rehash of all that's been said so many times, adjectives describing the comfort of having everything done for you and the superlatives we all use after a week of pampering and eating way too much consistently deliciousfood.

So I will write about what I will miss. Sitting here on our last day, enjoying the sound of the ship slicing through the calm seas with the sun at our stern and knowing soon we will be back to the reality we love, our dog we've missed so much. Still .....

I will miss Surf and Turf with parmesan fries for lunch in Waves, the sound of ice cold water being poured into a stemmed glass. I will miss the fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning and the anticipation and wonder of fresh baked donuts on a morning here or there. I will miss the grapefruit sorbet in a sweet waffle cone and the chocolate shake to which I decadently add warm chocolate and caramel sauce, even chocolate chips which are even yummier drawn through a straw.

I will miss Barista's with its hot cappuccino, a biscotti dunked into the warm liquid as I sit looking out over the pool, the ocean beyond while I read my latest book.

I will miss all the smiles and friendly greetings from Officers and crew alike. With one tiny exception not worth a mention, there was never a time that people were anything but willing and happy to serve us.

I will miss relaxing under a warm sheet in the Canyon Ranch spa while my feet enjoy a massage of warm oils and pampering such as those poor worn tootsies rarely experience.

I?ll miss the warm 'good morning' of our Butler, Rana, arriving with pots of hot coffee, chocolate croissants, and white linens spread on the glass table at the foot of the bed.

I will miss returning from breakfast to a sparkling clean room with tightly made bed and puffy pillows. Perhaps most of all I will miss slipping between the sheets heaped with down comforters and sinking into the luxuriating bliss of the comfortable bed while feeling the slight swell of the ocean gently rocking me to sleep after an evening of delicious cuisine, delightful entertainment offered by the band, the singers and dancers who gave us one splendid show after another and never disappointed. And did I mention I?ll miss the chocolates on our pillows every single night?

I will miss Harvest Caye, a tranquil paradise locked away on a tiny island just off Belize so meticulously designed and easily accessed via the longest, most beautiful covered pier I've ever seen. Multi passenger golf carts dart back and forth carrying people to the bliss that awaits either on the beach or by the pool. We chose a poolside cabana with every comfort imaginable, the ultimate in decadence unless you splurge for the larger, even more grand, beach cabana. Or you can just pull up a chaise anywhere and lounge under a palm by the pool or turquoise waters. The staff on Harvest Caye was friendly, warm and perfect in every way. I will miss Randy who brought us our delicious lunch and made sure we had everything we wanted. I could cruise to Harvest Caye every other morning with a sea day tucked here and there and be content forevermore.

Until next time I will miss the experience only Oceania can give me .... a peace and pleasure unequalled in all my years of seeking time away from the stresses of everyday life. Oceania raises the bar and while I know there are some lines out there considered more luxurious, for us it is and shall always be ... Oceania.

Heather - what a great post. Makes me even more anxious for our upcoming Oceania cruise. It's been 10 years since our last one....way too long!

Joe

Makes me smile to read your posts:). Judging by your reactions you could feel exactly what I felt because you've probably experienced it all yourselves (except if you've never been to Harvest Caye). Because of our dog I swore this was our last cruise, but I don't think it can be so. I just wish they would continue to offer 6-9 nights a few times a year on Riviera or Marina because those are our favorites in the Caribbean.

Congratulations, Heather. It's always lovely to see positive recollections rather than recriminations. :)

Having said that: for people who are unhappy with their cruise, whether largely or in minor ways, I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't feel free to describe problems you encountered. I don't want Pollyanna reports any more than I want "it was hideous" reports. I like FAIR reports ... although I guess the definition of "fair" can be as subjective as "how good was the food" ...

I know that whenever we've left an Oceania cruise, I miss being on board ...

Mura