Prepaying Gratuities?

Hey everyone!

Excited for my first cruise aboard the Carnival Sensation in September. I've read on here that you can either prepay your gratuities or have it come out of your S&S account once on board. How would I go about prepaying the gratuities? I think that would be the better option instead of having it come out of my onboard account.

Thanks in advance!

(Also, any other "tipping tips" would be appreciated.)

If you booked through carnival you would need to call them and have them add it to your cruise bill, which must be paid within 90 days of the cruise.

If you booked through a travel agent, or a 3rd party website, you need to call them and have them add it to your bill, which must be paid within 90 days of the cruise.

If you booked through carnival you would need to call them and have them add it to your cruise bill, which must be paid within 90 days of the cruise.

If you booked through a travel agent, or a 3rd party website, you need to call them and have them add it to your bill, which must be paid within 90 days of the cruise.

I'm pretty sure you just need to pay the whole thing at one time. It doesn't necessarily need to follow the final payment schedule.

While booking online at the final price screen there is a button to click on to add on pre-paid gratuities, or if you booked over the phone you were probably asked to if you wanted to. Either way your option now is to call carnival hit the options for existing booking you'd like to modify and tell them you'd like to add on pre-paid gratuities, should be a quick easy fix.

We just call at some point before the cruise and pay over the phone, done and out of the way. Note that you may want to have plenty of $1's and $5's on hand while you are on the ship for bar service, room service and other additional things you may want to individually tip for.

Hey everyone!

Excited for my first cruise aboard the Carnival Sensation in September. I've read on here that you can either prepay your gratuities or have it come out of your S&S account once on board. How would I go about prepaying the gratuities? I think that would be the better option instead of having it come out of my onboard account.

Thanks in advance!

(Also, any other "tipping tips" would be appreciated.)

I prepaid when I booked the cruise. Paid whatever I could that day. I want no surprises at the end of the week! I think you could just call and pay now......When I booked they asked me if I wanted to prepay them. I just figure the more I pay now, the less I have to worry about or stress about later!