B2B & Turning Platinium & Square Interior questions

hightownCO

Am sure this has been asked before and I did try to search but couldn't find.

Just booked a back to back (7nighters). I currently have 64 days, so at end of first leg will be at 71 and turn platinium during the second leg. Only the 2nd leg will be plat. right?

Other questions...

I booked these on line myself. Do I need to call and have them link the reservations?

Right now I am in different rooms. If anyone has done the square interior rooms on deck 6 (Dream,Magic,Breeze), is it worth changing rooms just to have one of those on one leg? I can't get for both. Haven't done an interior before so are they worth having to switch rooms at turnover?

Thanks!

You will be technically Platinum for the entire 2nd leg, BUT, it may not automatically happen. Be sure to bring a copy of your cruise history and go to guest services during the first cruise to make sure they have you down as turning Platinum and that you are on a B2B. Take your cruise docs for both cruises also. Since it's really just two separate cruises they are not really linked, so it's important that your cabin stewards both know that you are B2B.

Frankly if I were you I would call the 800# to see if you can get the same cabins for both legs. When you book online you are not seeing the entire availability of cabins and a rep can find these for you. There is nothing like not having to pack on the last day of the first leg.

I agree about the Platinum issue. I'm not sure if you'll recognized as Platinum because after a cruise it takes so many days to be credited with your VIFP points. But hopefully they can do something to accommodate you. As already suggested, print out your VIFP page off the website and bring it with you so they can see how many days you will have.

To link them, you can send an email to cclsupport@carnival.com and request that the two bookings be linked. I've done this before.

As far as the room is concerned, it's totally worth having the same room if you can. Not only so that you don't have to move your stuff, but so you can sleep in that morning. It just makes that day seem so relaxing if you don't have to deal with switching cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app