Tip for Booking Scenic Grand Ocean Views

This may or may not be news to some, but I thought I would share this little tip in the event it helps someone else.

For reasons I can't figure out, Scenic Grand Ocean Views don't show up when you do a search on the Carnival website, even when available. Scenic Ocean Views do, but not the Grand ones. You have to call to book them, and I don't know about you, but I prefer to know what I want to book rather than to rely on someone else helping me to find something.

Well, the iCruise app that you download on your phone does show these rooms, if available (they also have a website by the same name). I actually use this app all the time when searching for cruises because I find it very user-friendly. And because, quite frankly, I never rule out other lines. It just happens that Carnival always has the best price and best itineraries for when I'm looking to cruise. So I keep coming back.

Anyway, hope this helps someone snag one of these rooms. I was able to book a B2B on the Conquest for our 10th wedding anniversary in 9201 (the only Scenic Grand that has a 2-person occupancy). I saw that the rooms was available on both legs and then simply called Carnival to book.

I'm totally drooling over these itineraries, and knowing we will be spending 14 days in one of these glorious rooms is icing on the cake!

Cruise #1 (6 day Eastern)

2/24/19 Embark, Ft Lauderdale

2/25/19 Nassau

2/26/19 Half Moon Cay

2/27/19 Grand Turk

2/28/19 Amber Cove

3/1/19 *Sea Day*

3/2/19 Debark, Ft Lauderdale

Cruise #2 (8 day Southern):

3/2/19 Embark, Ft Lauderdale

3/3/19 Princess Cays

3/4/19 Grand Turk

3/5/19 *Sea Day*

3/6/19 Curacao

3/7/19 Aruba

3/8/19 *Sea Day*

3/9/19 *Sea Day*

3/10/19 Debark, Ft Lauderdale

These rooms do show up on the Carnival website booking engine. I know, because back in September, I was casually looking at options for a December 2017 cruise, and found 9201 available on the Glory for the Christmas cruise! You'd better believe I booked it right away - it's the farthest in advance I've ever booked, but it was worth it to get that room.

Right place, right time!

KC

That's strange, because they definitely were not showing up for me this past week when I was doing research. Just the Scenic Ocean Views were showing up on Carnival's website. But both the Scenic and Scenic Grands would show up when doing a search through iCruise. Trust me, I would have preferred to have booked online instead of having to call Carnival and book thay way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's strange, because they definitely were not showing up for me this past week when I was doing research. Just the Scenic Ocean Views were showing up on Carnival's website. But both the Scenic and Scenic Grands would show up when doing a search through iCruise. Trust me, I would have preferred to have booked online instead of having to call Carnival and book thay way.

They do show up online the problem is it's not that many and they are gone very fast. Happy sailing!!

Back in 2015, our southern Caribbean cruise was switched from the Liberty to the Valor. Liberty did not have the cabins over the bridge at that time. Valor did. We had already booked a room for our daughter's family, and as soon as I got the email about the ship switch, I called our TA and had him check on the room availability (9200). It was available, so I snagged it for a few hundred in upgrade charges.

The room was WELL worth it and they LOVED it. If you can get one (and don't mind not having a balcony), do it! Nothing like a front row seat when pulling into port.

I have looked at several Conquest class ships and do not see this category of cabin on the deck plan. On deck 9, it shows cabin Captains Suites on the corners but they have balconies. I did see the Scenic Ocean View cabins, but they didn't say Grand. What am I missing?

They do show up online the problem is it's not that many and they are gone very fast. Happy sailing!!

Understood, but I was literally seeing the 6K's listed on iCruise but not on Carnival for the *exact same sailing.* Trust me on this, if they were available online I would have booked online and not have called to book.

I have looked at several Conquest class ships and do not see this category of cabin on the deck plan. On deck 9, it shows cabin Captains Suites on the corners but they have balconies. I did see the Scenic Ocean View cabins, but they didn't say Grand. What am I missing?

The Grand scenic ocean views are the first ones to go there are only like 2 of them. The scenic oceanview falls in between the grand scenic and there are like 4 of them. They are positioned on deck 9 of the Conquest. If you find the deck plans and go to 9 you will see the grand scenic is in like a purple color and the scenic is burgundy or so. Hope this helps.

I'm like the OP. I've booked this room twice but have considered cruises with these rooms on it many times and have never ever seen them show up on the Carnival booking engine. Right now I'm booked on a Sunshine sailing for next year. The available 6Js show up. The 6Ks do not, even though they are both available. I always use an online TA site to search for rooms and do to price checks since this site actually breaks down every cabin category in the search engine. That's what I use to see if the 6Ks are available.

What ships have these rooms?

Valor, Conquest, Glory, Sunshine, Freedom, Splendor

• 4 weeks later...

I was just able to book a Grand Scenic Ocean suite, 9200 on Splendor in March of 2019.

It did NOT show up as available on the carnival website.....BUT it DID show up on my TA's website! This was in 2 minutes of looking at Carnivals website.......

I booked right away! This is our first family vacation on a cruise, I didn't want to get a balcony with the kids being young.... Also, it came with a nice OBC from my TA too....

I often wonder if it is hit and miss on whether the site does show them. Once I had to call and it was available. Twice I just happened to be scanning trips and noticed I had the magical 2 person Grand scenic. I'm planned out through 2019 at this point, but I can't pass up the cabin if it shows up. It is fantastic, just off the Conquest in February where I actually got to experience it. It is worth the trouble.

Here are the ships that have them (at least from my searching) did the number of people since I really need 2 person generally though trying the 4 person on Sunshine in September

Conquest: 2 person and 4 person Grand scenic

Freedom: 2 person and 4 person Grand scenic

Splendor: 2 person and 4 person Grand scenic

Valor: 2 person and 4 person Grand scenic

Sunshine - 4 person Grand scenic