Booking Celebrity

Thanks both, I thought that was the case but just wanted to check. On Independence in May but might be looking at booking something later in the year and the more attractive options at the minute seem to be on Celebrity! Their current deal runs until our third day on the Independence so if pricing doesn't change it may be worth booking it then

If booking Celebrity while onboard a Royal ship, what is the reduced deposit, if any, on a 10 day cruise? Booking direct with Celebrity, it appears the deposit is $900 (just a standard verandah cabin).

Also, do you get OBC for the booking like you do when booking a future RCI cruise while onboard? If so, how much?

One last question, can they sign you up for, and do the status matching to, the Celebrity Captain's Club while onboard RCI?

Dan.

If booking Celebrity while onboard a Royal ship, what is the reduced deposit, if any, on a 10 day cruise? Booking direct with Celebrity, it appears the deposit is $900 (just a standard verandah cabin).

Also, do you get OBC for the booking like you do when booking a future RCI cruise while onboard? If so, how much?

Dan.

If booking a Celebrity cruise on board an RC ship, you get whatever perks you would have gotten if you booked the same cruise on a Celebrity ship. Check here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

If booking a Celebrity cruise on board an RC ship, you get whatever perks you would have gotten if you booked the same cruise on a Celebrity ship. Check here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Thanks Bob, I know where the Celebrity boards are, but am sure a frequent RCI cruiser has done, and knows the general answers, to my questions. I am a one trick pony at this point, having only sailed Royal, but am thinking of jumping ship to try some new itineraries/ships.

I also edited my post while you were responding, to add yet another question, but I guess cruising the Celebrity boards will eventually provide what I'm looking for.

Dan.

... One last question, can they sign you up for, and do the status matching to, the Celebrity Captain's Club while onboard RCI?

Dan.

Probably, not 100% sure. However, I'd just do it by phone before the cruise. One quick call to Captain's Club with your C&A number handy is all it takes.

Guess if I would have used a couple seconds of searching, versus being lazy, I may have come up with this. ;p The FAQ concerning onboard booking directly from the Celebrity website. I'm guessing it is up-to-date!

Dan.

Are there any benefits to booking my next Celebrity Cruises vacation while I'm onboard?

Yes, there’s no better time to book because you have two options and get a rich and flexible special offer:

Cruise Now

Allows you to choose a specific ship and sail date and provides the richest onboard credit offer available in the program. Plus, your Cruise Now offer is combinable with one other offer available from the time you book until your final payment is due on your sailing. Simply choose the offer you want to apply to your sailing and give us (or your travel agent) a call. And, if another offer comes along that you’d rather apply to your sailing—no problem. Give us another call, and we’ll update your offer with no penalties or changes made to your sailing.

Your Cruise Now offer includes:

• $100 reduced deposit per person

• Onboard credit up to $500

• Choose the stateroom you want

• Combine your Cruise Now offer with 1 other offer

• Flexibility—you may cancel your sailing up to 75 or 90 days prior to your sail date

Cruise Later

If you don’t know when or where you want to go, take advantage of our new Cruise Later vacations for the most flexibility. And, you can combine your Cruise Later offer with another offer. Simply book on board, and when you decide where and when you want to vacation next, give us or your travel agent a call.

New to the Celebrity Future Cruise Vacations program is the ability to gift a Celebrity vacation to family and friends. Book a Cruise Later vacation (up to three) and give them to someone you know will love a modern luxury vacation. They’ll also receive the Cruise Later offer and can combine it with another offer. Just like you, when they decide they want to experience their vacation, they simply give us (or their travel agents) a call to complete the booking.

Your Cruise Later offer includes:

• $100 reduced deposit per person

• Onboard credit up to $200

• Combine this Cruise Later offer with 1 other offer

• Reserve up to 3 vacations

• Transferable to anyone

• Cruise Later bookings never expire

So, when you’re on your Celebrity vacation, stop by our Celebrity Future Cruise Vacations Center and let us help you plan your next vacation.