NCL Escape Upgrade Bid - Sailing March 4th

jmbeebe0722

Hi,

I booked my NCL Escape Cruise the day after Christmas. Within just days of a paying in full I got the upgrade e-mail where I could bid on an ocean view or balcony room (originally booked in interior), I bid $150 per person for a balcony.

It says I would receive an e-mail atleast 2 days before sailing, while many on here report that they find out 3 days prior. I am two days away from my March 4th sailing and my offer still states pending... When should I expect to hear? Will I be notified or the offer changed to declined if they do not accept my offer?

Hi,

I booked my NCL Escape Cruise the day after Christmas. Within just days of a paying in full I got the upgrade e-mail where I could bid on an ocean view or balcony room (originally booked in interior), I bid $150 per person for a balcony.

It says I would receive an e-mail atleast 2 days before sailing, while many on here report that they find out 3 days prior. I am two days away from my March 4th sailing and my offer still states pending... When should I expect to hear? Will I be notified or the offer changed to declined if they do not accept my offer?

From what ive read, it shows up on your credit card 1st, then on documents w new room assignment. Most of the posts ive read also state that they don't send a decline notice.

Fingers crossed that you get it!

Actually, they do send decline notices because I just received three emails for the three different bids I made. Oh well...at least I'm on the boat! I'll be on your sailing too. See you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, they do send decline notices because I just received three emails for the three different bids I made. Oh well...at least I'm on the boat! I'll be on your sailing too. See you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thats good to know, thanks! I have bids in on my April cruise, so have awhile to wait. Have a great cruise!!

Highmath & vickic (and anyone with any info!), would you mind me asking what you bid and on what categories? Also, when you received notice that bidding was open?

My husband and I are traveling at the end of May. We processed our final payment last weekend so now we are waiting for the chance to bid. I'm trying to get an idea of what we might need to bid and when we can expect to get that email even giving us the opportunity to bid.

Any help is appreciated!

I think the bidding price totally depends on how much you paid for your current cabin and the inventory. The bid offer will tell you the minimum bid for each cabin category so that's where you will start. I do not believe the bid prices are standard so the OP bid $150/pp for his bid that might be different for someone else.

Seems to be a change to the process. I initially received an email offer with a link to bid on my 3/12 Getaway cruise (which I did, and am anxiously, but not optimistically waiting to here news about). Today when I logged into my NCL there's a new home screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded" with a link to the upgrade page. Not sure if this is in addition to or replacement of the emails that have been sent out.

Highmath & vickic (and anyone with any info!), would you mind me asking what you bid and on what categories? Also, when you received notice that bidding was open?

My husband and I are traveling at the end of May. We processed our final payment last weekend so now we are waiting for the chance to bid. I'm trying to get an idea of what we might need to bid and when we can expect to get that email even giving us the opportunity to bid.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi! The previous post is correct. Its different prices for different people. Mine started at 400pp for a haven forward facing, on up to, i think 1500pp for the highest suites. My email came at the 80 day mark :)

We are in a family mini suite now.

Seems to be a change to the process. I initially received an email offer with a link to bid on my 3/12 Getaway cruise (which I did, and am anxiously, but not optimistically waiting to here news about). Today when I logged into my NCL there's a new home screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded" with a link to the upgrade page. Not sure if this is in addition to or replacement of the emails that have been sent out.

I, too, had put a bid in based upon an email received. Today, when I logged in, the opening page said "Let's Get You Upgraded". I ended up increasing my original bid slightly and putting in another bid for a different cabin, too. I figured they have just rolled out a different way....don't know if it will replace the email version or supplement it. Would sure like to get the biggest and baddest suite in the Haven, though!