Harmony - out of the way/secret spots?

I'm sailing on Harmony in a few days and wondering for those who've been on board if there are any lesser known spots on the ship to go for a quiet place to be? I remember on the oasis there were a few 'secret' spots I read about on here which most people didn't know about.

Thanks!

I loved the wing platform. Especially the glass floor that lets you look all the way down to the water.... but I wouldn't exactly call that quiet, it was quite breezy almost the entire cruise.

And yeah, the walking track area was almost always empty.

On deck 5 of the walking track, there are 2 recessed areas near the front of the ship, with some lounge chairs. Very quiet there, and usually a nice breeze blowing while you enjoy the view!

I would also suggest the area of the running track on deck 5 behind the Aqua Theater pool. Adirondack style chairs, at least on Oasis/Allure back there, very few people. Actually, as others mentioned, while the track does get used, there are any number of relatively quiet areas. Chairs/loungers may be iffy in some areas.

I thought I read somewhere there was an area at the base of the rock wall that was out of the way? Is this the area on Deck 14 mentioned above?

Yep... deck 7 aft balcony just behind the rock wall. Great view out at the ocean and inward to the Aqua Theatre, and close to the Sabor Bar. There's about 8 chairs in this area (not fold down loungers) and I rarely saw anyone here expect when shows/events were taking place

6f7c1b16-bec1-4516-9f9d-3fa001cf6a28_zpstbdnof14.jpg

P1090890_zps5g81crxo.jpg

"Escape The Rubicon". No, there is no charge. You can reserve from any RoyalIQ terminal on the ship or with the App on your smartphone or tablet. The sign on the door said maximum 12 but we were 14. It's very popular so I would suggest signing up as soon as it is available online before you board. If all the reserved spots are taken, you can show up a few minutes before and they will take you if anyone cancels.

The room is on deck 14 forward next to Adventure Ocean (kids area). It is not mentioned in the Cruise newsletter nor on the room TV.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Escape The Rubicon". No, there is no charge. You can reserve from any RoyalIQ terminal on the ship or with the App on your smartphone or tablet. The sign on the door said maximum 12 but we were 14. It's very popular so I would suggest signing up as soon as it is available online before you board. If all the reserved spots are taken, you can show up a few minutes before and they will take you if anyone cancels.

The room is on deck 14 forward next to Adventure Ocean (kids area). It is not mentioned in the Cruise newsletter nor on the room TV.

I'm not sure why this reply is on this thread since the thread doesn't currently ask about the Escape Room on Harmony, but since it is here I thought I would just point out that they now charge $8.99 for this activity. I just did it last week. Personally, we enjoyed it a lot and found it well worth the $8.99 per person charge. I believe it was free in the early days of the Harmony, but not any longer.

Well if you want to get technical the thread does ask for "secret" spots. I took the Harmony TA back in Oct and at that time it was indeed a secret and it was free. I don't believe the Oasis has it - only the Quantum and Harmony, but please correct me if I'm wrong and if this is totally OT I apologize. Geez Louise.....

The Solarium on Deck 14 and 15 had cool clamshell cabana-thingys (excuse my so-legit jargon) that were pretty private. You could barely tell if they were occupied or not because the occupants were very hidden from view. Each one faced outward toward the front of the ship, although you could easily scoot two of them to face each other and have a pretty cool little hangout, not totally private, but close. The breeze was constant enough at the front of the ship in the Solarium that you could not really hear the chatter of others unless you were looking right at them. These little cabanas really seemed like a nice place to hang out because you can't see anyone else and no one else can see you, even though you are right there in the Solarium with other people nearby. At night, the Solarium is mostly deserted and even more quiet, and most cabanas were empty.

Observation area on deck 14 above the bridge wings.

Curious, how do you get there? Through the kids area? Is there a door through 'voyagers' or 'aquanauts' or something? I'm looking at the deck plans but don't see a clear way.

Curious, how do you get there? Through the kids area? Is there a door through 'voyagers' or 'aquanauts' or something? I'm looking at the deck plans but don't see a clear way.

I believe that on Harmony you get there through the Solarium.

I would also suggest the area of the running track on deck 5 behind the Aqua Theater pool. Adirondack style chairs, at least on Oasis/Allure back there, very few people.

I didn't see any chairs in that space on Harmony, but the little bays next to the running track with loungers on each side of the ship were there.

I believe that on Harmony you get there [the wings with the see through floor] through the Solarium.

Correct. You take the center staircase from the Solarium Bistro down to that level.