air chicago to san juan

KJK1313

I am in Pa. I didn't book yet but I have been searching for flights for AOS for 4-1-06. So far expedia has had the best rate at 303.00 pp, that is out of Philadelphia though. I would check expedia, orbitz, cheaptickets, and travelocity first. I do hear that American Airlines is pretty popular going to San Juan because most of their flights are non stop. Another airline you could check is Jet Blue. I don't know if they fly out of your area or not but I hear they have cheap rates.

i am booked on aos 1-22-06. can anyone recommend airlines.

Northwest currently has the cheapest prices on your dates. I picked 1-22-06 and 1-29-05, departure on this date after noon ONLY. Nonstop down, one stop Detroit return. Price-$355.00

The AA nonstops are sold out for the cheap seats. One stoppers in DFW are about $10.00 more than Northwest.

US Air was also in the same price range. But I hate US Air and the way they are doing the merger bodes bad things, IMHO.

Better get going booking air. Time is wasting and the cheap seats are selling pretty fast.

The correct URL is http://www.itasoftware.com. One advantage of this site is that it allows one to include "nearby airports" at either the origin or destination airport or both. In addition, one can specify the distance in 25 mile increments up to 300 miles. With Kayak it is "all or nothing". Moreover, the distance factor they use for nearby airports is around 70 miles which is very similar to the 75 miles used by SideStep. Kayak includes jetBlue, but I don't think itasoftware does. Of course, neither includes Southwest, which would not be a factor to San Juan anyway.

Actually after you do the initial search Kayak allows you to pick which nearby airports you want to search. For example for Miami, it gives the options of FLL and West Palm Beach. You can deselect West Palm Beach and it will only show Miami and FLL.

To the end user, wrp96 is correct in that Kayak allows one to select or deselect nearby airports after the initial search. In addition, the deselection can be of either origin and/or destination airports--so it is not strictly "all or nothing". I suppose it's more a matter of semantics but itasoftware differs in that one does the selection of nearby airports before the initial search. Unlike some sites, Kayak doesn't give the distance to the nearby airport(s) so the end user needs to be somewhat more knowledgeable about how far away such an airport is from the "base" airport. [Think PBI vs. FLL.] Possibly a limit of 70 miles to a nearby airport is sufficient for most (I have never seen hard statistics on this), but I remain intrigued by the option of extending the distance to a nearby airport out to 300 miles if necessary.

About 3 days ago, Kayak changed their site so it is now possible to include nearby airports at either at the origin or destination airports or both. This now mirrors the approach used by itasoftware.com. While the distance criteria is still fixed at about 70 miles (and maybe this may change in the future), one can have the airports plotted on a map so that the user (if they didn't know already) can get an idea of how nearby these airports are to the base airport. Because they include jetBlue in their search and they use software developed by itasoftware, they now appear to be a strong contender in the online travel search market.

• 2 months later...

Archived