Recent View and Veranda offer

ozcruizer

We have booked on a Sydney to Sydney cruise around southern Australia, during HAL's View and Veranda sale, the idea being that you could upgrade from an Oceanview to a Balcony cabin. Fine, I thought, that looks good (I did upgrade further to a better cabin than offered) although I thought the base price for an Oceanview looked a bit higher than I thought it would. Then the campaign ended, and now the Oceanview cabins are AU$400 cheaper, although the balconies are the same price. While I am happy with what we got and feel we're paying a fair price, I somehow still feel a bit conned. Just a warning - all is not always what it seems to be with this type of deal.

I saw the same thing. A friend is looking at a Panama Canal cruise and had been given a quote by her TA for an OV and a balcony. Looked it up on the HAL website and the OV was the same price as she had been quoted for the balcony - almost $900 more than the quote the TA gave her for an OV. As with many of the Explore 4 promos, a deal is not always a good deal!