$ for taxi to Marigot? / where to eat lunch?

sarahsentry

someone else with more recent experience can opine, but I believe the fare from the cruise port to Marigot is ~ $20 pp, each way.

IMO, the best places in Marigot for lunch and pastries are Sarafina's and Le Sous Marin. Sarafina's is a bakery.. counter service and very busy. But great breads and pastries (get some to go). Le Sous Marin on the Marine Royale. Great service, wonderful owners. Outside seating.

Thank you. That is $20 for two, not per person (PP).

Also, the $2.00 Bus IS an option.

gary

Good catch. $20 for 2 to Marigot from the port. For those that want to take the bus remember that it's about a 15 minute walk to Back St where you catch it.

• 2 weeks later...
What should expect taxi ride (for 2ppl) from phillipsburg to Marigot to cost? Will it be easy enough to find a return cab?

Also which restaurants would you recommend for lunch/pastry treats?

TIA

For lunch, see my older post.

gary

We just did this with our two sons last week. We took the bus for $2 pp. It goes straight to Marigot. There are lots of threads describing how to find the bus but if you have trouble just ask someone or flag down a different bus and ask. They are friendly people. We ate lunch at Serafinas which was delicious and very reasonably priced. Leave yourself plenty of time to get back as the traffic at 2:30 was horrendous.

Forgot to add that the water taxi from the ship's pier to where you would get the taxi or bus is $7pp round trip.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your day with us. Reading about someone enjoying a day on St. Maarten is almost as good as being there myself. 😀 Some things make me miss it more than others and since pastries at Serafina's is a ritual for us today I am missing it a lot.

Many people walk to Back St from the pier to catch the bus. It's a 15-20 minute walk.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your day with us. Reading about someone enjoying a day on St. Maarten is almost as good as being there myself. 😀 Some things make me miss it more than others and since pastries at Serafina's is a ritual for us today I am missing it a lot.

Many people walk to Back St from the pier to catch the bus. It's a 15-20 minute walk.

How often does the bus run?

• 2 weeks later...
How often does the bus run?

Like the other person said, I don't think there's a set schedule. We just took the bus last week, and didn't wait more than 5 minutes. It can be a little confusing, but the drivers are very helpful on making sure you get to where you need to go. It's definitely an experience, but a way to go if you don't have a lot of money.