Locks on Luggage/alcohol question

CruiseFairy

Hi everyone, hope everyone's day is going well. My question is this. I have read here on the boards that you can lock your luggage (not your carry on's). I just asked my mom and she said that you can't lock your luggage they will just break the lock. I wanted to smuggle alcohol on, now what am I to do?

We used zip ties on all our checked baggage for the flight and cruise. Just remember to put a pair of nail clippers in an outside pouch to cut off the ties.....and don't secure that one:D .

We also had extra ones for disembarking and the flight home.

I would always use a TSA lock - remember, if they think there's an issue with your luggage they are going to get into it, for the good of everyone on the ship. The last thing we need in these modern times is some sort of terrorist action on a cruise ship.

If you're going to smuggle alcohol, please make sure you do it in a well sealed outer container that cannot leak. That way you don't end up damaging other peoples' luggage.

The TSA people have a special pass key if they need to open the lock and will relock it when done.
The TSA inspectors, for the most part, will not bother to look for the key and will simply cut off the "approved" lock as they would any other lock.

Waste of time and $. Just use the cable ties.

The TSA inspectors, for the most part, will not bother to look for the key and will simply cut off the "approved" lock as they would any other lock.

Waste of time and $. Just use the cable ties.

I have not had that problem yet, but this is good to know just in case.

Archived