Anyone on Riviera March 6 and on now

Caroldoll

Hi Rhea..We will be boarding March 6. I assume he will be there. I am really happy as he is one as he is one of the all time greats. Can't wait to see him.

If you see him, tell him Carole and Joe are anxious:halo:

Awaiting a response.....we board on Thursday for b-2-b..

I've never understood the desire to find out who the CD / GM / Captain / Maitre D etc before departing on a cruise. This is something that I'll discover quickly enough once I get on board.

If it's somebody that I already know (and like) - then it is a pleasant surprise.

In the unlikely event that the CD / GM / Captain etc. somebody that you are less enamoured with - then I'm pretty sure you won't be cancelling your cruise. In that case, why create angst and spoil the pleasant thoughts as you lead-up to embracing on the holiday that you should be looking forward to?

I've never understood the desire to find out who the CD / GM / Captain / Maitre D etc before departing on a cruise. This is something that I'll discover quickly enough once I get on board.

If it's somebody that I already know (and like) - then it is a pleasant surprise.

In the unlikely event that the CD / GM / Captain etc. somebody that you are less enamoured with - then I'm pretty sure you won't be cancelling your cruise. In that case, why create angst and spoil the pleasant thoughts as you lead-up to embracing on the holiday that you should be looking forward to?

When you become a frequent cruiser on a line, you might understand this better. Some people know some CD & GM very well and are almost friends from cruising together frequently over the years, It does make a big difference to them to have one of those CD/GM on board rather than someone whom they do not know.

Likewise, avid trivia players are passionate about trivia and it matters to them who will be running trivia.

No - nobody will cancel the cruise if the desired/preferred person is not onboard but they will be happy if they are.

Others have no idea who the CD or GM was on their cruise when they disembark and do not care one way or another.

It's like some people ask about menus. You may say - they could just wait till they board and see what is on the menu; others want to know what to expect.

To each their own :)