Looking at cruise package at Homewood Suites in Port Canaveral?

sunshine0009

We are looking at the Homewood Suites because we are Hilton members and always enjoy the breakfast pre-cruise. But has anyone used their shuttle service? Was it as organized, efficient and reliable as other hotels?

I know they do not have a restaurant but what is the availability of food in the immediate area and at the grab and go in their store?

Thanks for any information. Looking forward to our first time on the Oasis in September.

Here is an aerial of the "neighborhood" so you can see the restaurants, etc.

neighbor-map-2.jpg

Five very good restaurants are about 0.5 miles from the hotel – safe and easy walking but be careful when crossing A1A. Preacher Bar is an interesting concept – classy yet eccentric with a different kind of menu! Kelsey’s serves popular Italian food. Zachary’s is Greek with a home-style menu. Thai Thai has the best Thai food in the area. Zarrella’s Pizza offers both Brick Oven and Wood Fire pizza as well as other Italian food. There are also McDonalds (MD), Burger King (BK) and Subway (SW) nearby. The Florida Beer Company is THE brewery in the area with tours and a wide selection of beer on tap. Racetrac sells affordable gas/diesel as well as wine, beer and fast food.

You can also rent a car from Hertz or take the local bus ($1.50) down to Cocoa Beach Pier and beyond – wait at the SCAT stop.

The mini golf is the cheapest of the three courses in the area but not the most exciting!

About the shuttle service:

They use 888-transportation and you can see photos, schedule, etc as well as other hotel room suggestions here:

Guide to the Homewood Suites at Port Canaveral

We are looking at the Homewood Suites because we are Hilton members and always enjoy the breakfast pre-cruise. But has anyone used their shuttle service? Was it as organized, efficient and reliable as other hotels?

I know they do not have a restaurant but what is the availability of food in the immediate area and at the grab and go in their store?

Thanks for any information. Looking forward to our first time on the Oasis in September.

When we have a Sunday sailing we like to grab a cab over to the port area (about $10 from your hotel) and watch the Saturday ships go out. We like Fishlips or Grills....

I work at Cape Canaveral and eat in the area all the time. Thai Thai is excellent. While Florida Beer doesn't serve food, you can bring food in and they have some good beer. Grills in the port is my favorite for seafood, for pizza its Papa Vito's a couple miles down the road but they do deliver.

My favorite restaurant here in Melbourne (Coasters) just opened up Coasters Taphouse in Cocoa Beach. Same menu, great beer and delicious food. Anything not within walking distance is easy to get an Uber to/from. Enjoy!