Dining Package - This makes no sense to me at all

dgparent

Why is it that when you buy a dining package you can't make any reservations at all but if you just buy 1 dinner you can make reservations right online ?? We bought the 3 dinner package for our cruise that leaves on March 18th, so I called X the other day to get them to send me a receipt showing our OBC etc. and I asked on the phone if I could make a reservation for dinner since we had the 3 dinner package, they said no. Seems weird to me that you can't make at least 1 reservation.

We booked a 4 night package prior to our cruise. We picked either "day 1" or "day 2" and a time. You cannot pick the restaurant, they assign it. Once you are on the ship there are people stationed on deck 5 where you walk on and also a couple were up by the Ocean View Cafe, and they can make all of your reservations for you. They actually changed the day of our first dinner and we asked to change it and the restaurant and had no issues at all. They were happy to accommodate us. We made a couple minor time changes and such during the week which they also took care of quickly. It seems strange but it all gets taken care of in two minutes once you're on the ship. Enjoy.

We booked a 4 night package prior to our cruise. We picked either "day 1" or "day 2" and a time. You cannot pick the restaurant, they assign it. Once you are on the ship there are people stationed on deck 5 where you walk on and also a couple were up by the Ocean View Cafe, and they can make all of your reservations for you. They actually changed the day of our first dinner and we asked to change it and the restaurant and had no issues at all. They were happy to accommodate us. We made a couple minor time changes and such during the week which they also took care of quickly. It seems strange but it all gets taken care of in two minutes once you're on the ship. Enjoy.

Thanks ! Do you think I can get this done when we board in Michaels Club or do I have to go find these people ?

We've always reassigned our '1st night' dinner once onboard and booked the other nights also.

I too don't get the strategy of the 1st dinner 'mystery venue' concept (which tends to be Tuscan more often than not) however once on the ship they really don't care about this restriction and been only too happy to accommodate our preferences. All done hassle free in less than 10 minutes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks ! Do you think I can get this done when we board in Michaels Club or do I have to go find these people ?

We weren't in a suite, but I believe they can do it in Michael's. It really is not a problem though. We always find them happy to make changes and help you out.

The Michael's Club concierge will be happy to make the reservations for you, and will get you the days and times you want. That is one of the perks of booking a suite.