De Palm Island

sea girl2

We did Snuba and Snorkeling last year on a Celebrity Panama Canal cruise.

My wife and I both signed up for Snuba but they bounced me because of some childhood chest surgery. I subsequently got my Doctor to say it wouldnt be an issue but too late for that cruise.

Anyways I got to snorkel while my wife Snuba'd. They also have a helmet dive walking along a submerged sidewalk if you will. I didnt talk to anybody doing that so I cant speak on it.

On the Snorkel/Snuba area they have a large beach with a pier. You walk out to the end of the pier and then float around. The Snuba/Scuba people go out farther.

How was it. Great!!! They have a bunch of Coral and lots of diverse fish especially parrot fish. I'd do it again in a flash.

Its a little island that neighbors the Aruba island about 30 minutes or so from the pier. You take a water taxi to get over.

There was free drinks and food if I remember as part of the deal in the bar aftrerwards. The Snuba package had them taking pictures of you which you could buy on a DVD afterwards - remember to bring money.

sea girl2 .... There's a review of DePalm Island posted somewhere on this board. Scroll or JUST CLICK BELOW: Review DePalm Island

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=134665

We are AVOIDING Aruba now ... but, if we already had a cruise booked and going to Aruba ... DePalm is where we would go!

Have a great time!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We went to DePalm Island last summer and spent one of the best days of our cruise there. The snorkeling was fantastic, the fish so big and colorful. We ferried over in about 10 minutes, had lunch and drinks all day, snorkeled, laid in the sun, swam, and just had a perfect day. If yo want a really sandy beach though, go somewhere else. DePalm Island is known for its snorkeling, not its beach. We spent 6 hours there and were still back on the ship for dinner.

We have already booked another cruise on the carnival Destiny (Same as the cruise last summer), and can't wait to get to Aruba. The islanders are so friendly, weather so beautiful, shopping is great and the clubs and restaurants are wonderful. Aruba is my favorite island on the southern tour.

Karlyn8,

Where did you catch the Ferry? Did you pay the money for everything right there or once you reached the island?. It is my understand that one fee, around $50 covers everything, including, food and drinks? Is that the way you remember it?

Thanks

I don't remember the name of the place where we caught the ferry but it was directly across from the Island. We took a taxi to get there. The price was around $59.99 and it included everything. We are going again in June 2006 and plan to spend another day on DePalm Island.

Archived