Lido deck or cove balcony on Dream

Looking at a balcony on the Dream this summer. The Lido deck would be conveniently located, but the only available rooms are near the elevators so we're wondering if it would be too loud. On the other hand, the cove balcony would be quieter (I think??), but so far from the pools and buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love the cove balconies. So private. Just stay mid ship to avoid spraying on balcony.

I would love the privacy they offer! I'm just not so sure I would like being so far from the pool and buffet areas. I love getting lunch from the buffet and taking it to my balcony to eat and running to our room to use the restroom while at the pool, instead of using the public facilities. Such a tough decision!!

We prefer the Lido balconies. They are surprisingly quiet even the ones by the elevators. We had the same situation where the only cabins were by the elevator but I could barely hear anything outside the room.

We have booked coves on the Dream & Breeze- loved them. Just pay attention to what is above/below your cabin. Noise has been reported from the galley, can't remember if it's above or below. On the other side, we were just on deck 10 of the Splendor, right next to the forward elevators. I did not hear noise from the elevators or from Lido, but every night we heard the music or whatever was going on in the lobby on deck 3.

We prefer the Lido balconies. They are surprisingly quiet even the ones by the elevators. We had the same situation where the only cabins were by the elevator but I could barely hear anything outside the room.

We've always wanted to try one so we decided to go for it. We've had cabins sandwiched between other cabins a long way from the elevators and had loud kids running up and down the hallway. I guess it's just luck on any particular cruise. I hope we are fortunate enough to have a somewhat quiet experience at night.

We have booked coves on the Dream & Breeze- loved them. Just pay attention to what is above/below your cabin. Noise has been reported from the galley, can't remember if it's above or below. On the other side, we were just on deck 10 of the Splendor, right next to the forward elevators. I did not hear noise from the elevators or from Lido, but every night we heard the music or whatever was going on in the lobby on deck 3.

I still want to try a Cove balcony sometime, but this time we decided to go for the Lido deck because we have always thought it would be so convenient. The only cove balconies they had left were under the galley. We spend a lot of time at the pool and eat a lot of our breakfast and lunches in that area so we think we will like the location.

Just got off the Dream and we were in Cove balcony #2264. Loved it. Required an elevator ride to the lido deck which was never a problem. Dinner was one flight of stairs which was very convenient. Being that close to the sea and shore activities while in port was special. We saw porpoises swimming next to our balcony on two days. If a good cove balcony was available, I would always take it.

Our vote goes to the Cove. Love being so close to the water and the privacy and shade that the cove offeres. Just make sure you try and find one mid-ship and under the atrium area. We try and get one under the excurision desk if possible. Very quite.

For me it's lido all the way, I don't cruise if I can't get a lido balcony . It's all personal preference .. I spend a lot of time on lido, bars , pools and such.. so for me its a prime location.

If you need to run to your room its a couple mins, you don't have to lug much around the ship ... use your ownnbathroom ...Just super convienent ... and very very quiet.. little traffic .

The only down side once you start it's to hard to go back

I am obviously in the minority in that I really did not care for my cove balcony, but for a reason I've not yet heard mentioned on CC. During the day, it was great, but at night, when I love to sit on my balcony in the dark, I realized that the lights from the decks above are on all night and my balcony was so bright I could just about read without turning on any lights. I never could see the stars. I loved my Lido balcony because of the convenience to casual food and drink, and ability to see the night sky.

Lido!!! We always stay on lido because of the reasons others have stated. I love being close to my own bathroom from the pool and my husband goes out in the morning and brings back coffee and breakfast before I even get up. I have looked at cove balconies but just can't get myself to book one. I don't like being that far down on the ship. Heck, we even splurged and got a suite last cruise and I didn't even like being down two more decks from lido. We both decided we would rather be up close to food, pool, etc. We always book as far forward as we can and its always much quieter up there. We are so spoiled we don't hardly want to go if it's not on lido haha.

I'm [emoji102] forward to our first Lido balcony. After reading the comments, I think we made the right choice. I too like going to my room to use our bathroom and We spend most of our time by the pool. I also love bringing back food to eat on my balcony.

If there are rough seas the cove balcony might be unusable. And it's usually sopping wet or dry but covered with salt. I liked being close to the water and being able to see things close up. But I wasn't a fan having to wipe down everything on the balcony every time I wanted to use it.

We've done Lido balconies twice now and loved them. Our cabin by the elevators was pretty quiet. And I'm a light sleeper. Once the pools and restaurants close in the evening the Lido is like a ghost town. We absolutely loved being so close to the food, pool, and action on the Lido during the day.

Our vote goes to the Cove. Love being so close to the water and the privacy and shade that the cove offeres. Just make sure you try and find one mid-ship and under the atrium area. We try and get one under the excurision desk if possible. Very quite.

We had our first cove balcony on the Breeze, just below the Excursions Desk. A great place to watch for pier runners while in port, and no noise from above. We did have some noisy neighbors, but that can happen anywhere. However, it was a bit of a hike to the Aft elevators to go up to the Lido deck and buffet area. So this time, for our upcoming cruise on the Vista, we booked the furthest cove balcony to the rear of the ship, which puts us a lot closer to the Aft elevators. Of course, on port days, it means a longer walk to the front of the ship, but we can live with that. Like others have said, we like being close to the water, and the added privacy that a cove balcony offers.

If there are rough seas the cove balcony might be unusable. And it's usually sopping wet or dry but covered with salt. I liked being close to the water and being able to see things close up. But I wasn't a fan having to wipe down everything on the balcony every time I wanted to use it.

We've done Lido balconies twice now and loved them. Our cabin by the elevators was pretty quiet. And I'm a light sleeper. Once the pools and restaurants close in the evening the Lido is like a ghost town. We absolutely loved being so close to the food, pool, and action on the Lido during the day.

Maybe it depends on the location of the cove balcony, but we didn't have any problems with our balcony being sopping wet, and if there was any residual salt from the spray, it was barely noticeable. The only time the balcony got wet was not from the ocean. It was because, on a couple of occasions, the crew was washing down the sides of the ship. We just made it a point not to leave anything (sandals, tennis shoes, whatever) on the balcony.