Cave Tubing height check and other questions

vbcanuck

We are planning on going cave tubing in Belize with Butts-up and know there is a 40" height requirement. My youngest is 40" with his shoes on. Will that cut it? Do they measure little ones at the port? Or before the van ride up the hill? Or when they are about to get in the tubes?

Also, do people wear their walking/hiking shoes on the tubes, or switch out for water shoes/sandals? Can you bring a backpack with you in the tube?

What should we expect for the provided lunch?

I'm assuming you are going on a ship excursion. So I can't answer when or where they measure little folks. But I doubt they make them take off their shoes.

As far as shoes go, the best, IMO, option is to wear a pair of older sneakers/running shoes/tennis shoes, etc. . Then bring a pair of sandals or other shoes to put on when you return to the parking lot. Leave your old wet shoes in the box at the cave tube site. Donations like this are always welcomed.

Do not wear open toed sandals or flops!

If you eat at the cave tube site, its a small buffet, mostly chicken and rice and salad. But a couple of local items too. A lot of excursions go to a small restaurant on the way back. There's it's chicken, rice and peas. These are prepared more in line with cruisers' tastes than local's tastes. But aren't bad. Eat a good breakfast, and maybe bring a snack or two for the trip.