Connie - 2nd Deck Ocean View

Schplinky

I was on Connie in Sept for the Transatlantic itinerary and we were also on deck 2. We did have waves crashing against our window through most of the atlantic crossing days at least. It was actually really something to see. The water is pretty close and the views aren't too bad either. I was pleasantly surprised with the location of our room even though I was nervous about being so low initially. In talking to other cruisemates, it seems they were feeling much more motion on the higher decks during our rougher days at sea.

I too was on Constellation for the Atlantic Crossing in Sept. I thought the seas very calm. We were on the second floor and maybe I wasn't in the cabin when a wave hit. I just don't remember anything like that. You are quite a bit above the water line on the second floor. We have taken cat. 7 many times and never regreted it. The view out the window is just like anywhere else on the ship. Pat

To be honest you are not really that far from the water. If you are used to seeing the ocean from the buffet deck or the promenade deck the view is much different on deck 2. In rough seas I think the view of the water might make some people nervous. Of course you can always close the curtains if the view bothers you.

We just came off the Constellation this weekend and had room 2146. You are close to the water and I liked the view. We had 18 - 20 foot swells for a couple of days but no waves crashed on the window. However, it appeared as if the waves going by the window were above the window. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Arlene

Thanks! We're just down the hall from your room. Was the room adequate? Pictures can be deceiving but it looks rather cramped, even for a cruise room.

Is there enough room in the bathroom? Does the shower flood the floor?

Is there decent storage in the rooms? did you order room service for breakfast?

Any noise from the deck above?

Hi Schplinky,

About two years ago we sailed on the Millennium trans Atlantic cruise in cabin #2032. We were on the southern route and therefore had relatively smooth seas. I would estimate the elevation of the windows to be close to thirty feet above the water line. You get an excellent view when entering/leaving port, and at sea you get a nice feel of the seas as you look out of the window. The rooms are standard size, same as cat 6. The cabin is of comfortable size, with a large overstuffed chair and opposing desk between the beds and the window. With 170 sq ft you will have a good amount of closet space and room to move about.

The bathrooms are a comfortable size, and for us the cabinet space was adequate. The shower has a lip, about 4", and the curtain fits inside of the lip, preventing flooding of the bathroom floor. You can order room service, and it is quite efficient. We only ordered coffee as we enjoy our breakfast in the seaside grill. Omelets and waffles are excellent. Our rooms on decks two and three (later Constellation trans Atlantic) were very quiet. We had some heavy seas on the Constellation, but these fecks a quite stable. Hope this info is of some help.

Petert

Archived