Carnival Ecstasy review, Feb 28 to March 5

misfit72ford

Love your review! Going on my first girls cruise in 6 days! Both excited and nervous!

THANK YOU! I have enjoyed writing it. My husband made a "Girls Cruise" poster for our door and we put it up with magnets.

You will have fun, just relax and enjoy yourself.

Good to read your reviews from your trip. We had a great time. Our only complaint was the music could of been better! The mega deck party was a snooze fest compared to last year and the music that was played on Half Moon was terrible! We had an awesome cruise director last year with better activities. I would definitely cruise on this ship again just hope some things are organized better. For example, the shows was scheduled close together so it was hard to decide what to do. He clearance event wasnt any good compared to last year! I don't see 2 for $20 a good clearance event and watches was only thing they had pretty much. Last year they had shirts $5 and more selection to choose from. Anyone else agree with this? Thanks

I didn't do any shopping except for a bathing suit cover up in the $10 store.

I do agree that the deck party wasn't fun and we went straight to the Serenity deck to wait for that part to begin. I was far enough away from the music on Half Moon Cay that I didn't even notice it. :) In all honesty it was a party/booze cruise for us. Our door sign even said that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

No, we had late seating. We only booked a few weeks before the cruise and it was all that was left. I sent an email the week before asking for a large table of people to dine with. We had a really good group and spent time with some of them in the evenings after dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review. We are thinking about doing that same cruise next spring break. This year we were on the Magic and I like all the extras on the big ships. You mentioned going to the serenity deck, I have looked at all the deck plans but I couldn't find it listed. What deck is it on ? Also, did you visit the spa at all ? Did you like the smaller ship ? Charleston would be so handy for us since we live in NC.

Thank you so much for your review. We are thinking about doing that same cruise next spring break. This year we were on the Magic and I like all the extras on the big ships. You mentioned going to the serenity deck, I have looked at all the deck plans but I couldn't find it listed. What deck is it on ? Also, did you visit the spa at all ? Did you like the smaller ship ? Charleston would be so handy for us since we live in NC.

I didn't go to the spa at all. Since this was a last minute trip we tried to prepay as much as possible so I wouldn't have a big sign and sail bill. It just wasn't in the budget this trip. [emoji22]

The Serenity deck is on the promenade level. We always got there by going through the Lido buffet and then down the outside stairs. Even though the bar service out there was good I always grabbed a drink on my way. It was a nice place to be when sailing away from Half Moon Cay.

I love the convenience of the Charleston port. We drove in that morning down I-26, we are at the first exit as you enter SC (Landrum). Traffic wasn't bad along the way even though it was a weekday.