Help Please with Dubai Excursions on the Red Sea Voyage2 next week!!

Hi there....Haven,t used this forum before but could really use some help if anyone sailed from Dubai with Thomsons

On our itinerary we arrive in Dubai at 7.15 am...This is our only day in Dubai we depart at 11pm....Can anyone tell me if we can book the Dubai by night tour once on board for that night.We cannot book it before hand and cant get any confirmation of being able to from Thomson excursions.Also if anyone can recommend [or not!!] any more excursions on this cruise...We are in Abu Dhabi, Khor Fakkan,Muscat, any tips ie currency would be really gratefully received...Many Thanks :ship::confused:

LesleyD if you arrive in Dubai on Tuesday and leave that night you will be in Dubai again the following Monday for an overnight stop before you leave Tuesday early morning. If this is so I would as we did do the Dubai by night on your last night as quite frankly we were absolutely knackered when we arrived after such an early start and adding another 5 hours on to our day It may be that you can't book it because it isn't done on a Tuesday only a Monday😴😴😴

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 West Caribbean & Central America BtoB

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 West Caribbean Panama & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

Thanks very much for everyones replies,they're much appreciated

I should have explained that this is our only day in Dubai....We then sail to Jordan after Muscat and fly home from there

Half of the flights to the ship arrive the day before us [They have a day less in Jordan] so they will be able to book it that day for the night after.

I have phoned and emailed Thomsons excursions and had replies ranging from:-

No you cant book it because its the day you arrive

Yes of course you can book it because the ship doesn't depart until 11pm

They even said they would definitely find out and get back to me ......No they didn't!!

Would have changed the flights to Birmingham to get there the day before but found this out too late.......Just wondered if anyone else had come across this predicament before,,, If we cant do the night trip we will go into Dubai during that day on the shuttle.....But we would love to know before we go .......

I feel I could find a unicorn easier!!!

Thanks again everyone for the other info too

So you're doing the Repositioning cruise and I see now why you won't be going back to Dubai and of course arriving on the Tuesday you won't be able to do the Dubai by night trip - so I would recommend the HoHo bus which you can buy tickets for in the port. Using this you will get to see all the relevant sights and be able to get on and off when you want Unfortunately you won't be able to go up the Birj Kalipha as usually you would need tickets bought in advance but you will see it unfortunately not lit up as you would at night. A visit to the largest Mall in the world is worth a visit if you want to see an aquarium and musical fountains. You will be given a map with all the best sites on it.

So sorry in your case you didn't book the Monday flight but if you do have an overnight in Aqaba Jordan before flying home visiting Petra is a must do

Have a great time we would have done this cruise if we hadn't already booked the Dream repositioning cruise in April

So are we Pensioncruiser but usually they don't transfer more than half so the existing crew can train the new recruits. Some of the crew on the TA last year were complaining that it was making their jobs harder when the new crew arrived in such numbers and they didn't get paid for training. They had three days after arriving in Cadiz before the first Med cruise began and I was told it would be at least another 2 weeks before they were up to scratch. Of course the new show team after rehearsing in Keighley join the TA and have up to 18 days to rehearse on the ship before they start full time (they do a show as practice on the voyage so it gives us chance to weigh them up before our summer cruise)

Can't wait only 4 weeks next Tuesday to go

Can't wait to see Tom and Maris, Noel and Marisa again they are great

Never seen the band that's on this time but hope they're as good a Strumjam and Topmen

Are you ready for it?

Is that to Corfu? How long is it for? Should have tacked it on to ours. Maybe next year on Discovery TA and tack on repositioning to Newcastle but yours sounds warmer and probably calmer lol 🌊🌊⛈🌩🌨

Oh fabulous I sailed into Valletta on my first cruise on Spirit and having holidayed there four or five times and seen the harbour from land (the QE11 was in dry dock being refitted after the Falklands war as she'd been used as a hospital or troop ship) I was so excited and not disappointed You shouldn't have a problem getting in whatever the seas and the weather should be warm.

Have a fabulous time

In Muscat we walked all the way to the museum to find they wouldn't take dirham, neither would the bus, and more fool us, we didn't have a bank card so a long walk back! We had been led to believe by the ship reception that dirham would be acceptable (they didn't sell rial) so we were a bit annoyed. I guess that official places want rials or card payments but they seem to take just about anything in the souk and there is a money exchange office there too.

I would most definitely recommend afternoon tea at the Etihad Towers Observation Deck in Abu Dhabi. Wonderful experience, breathtaking views and superb food. Much more enjoyable and relaxed than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai which was very much like a cattle market with people jostling for places at the windows. We did a Dhow cruise in Muscat which was very interesting with amazing scenery.