Southwest Boarding Pass

Baltorep

If I check in my mother for her SW return flight (I will try to print it on board) a day before can she get that advance boarding pass from the gate agent. I dont want her to lose her A or B boarding. I realize it can be printed out at a kiosk but she is 73 y/o is not tech savy.

Hopefully, you will print out the boarding pass on the cruise and this issue will be moot. But, if not, my suspicion is that she will not be able to get through security without a boarding pass or something that indicates that she is on an upcoming flight. It seems likely to assume that she will need to check in luggage? At that point, the person tagging her luggage should be able to print out a boarding pass for her. Clearly not as fast as using a kiosk, but workable.

She has her itinery and receipt from SW so getting through security would not be an issue. The ticket counter is an idea I never thought of. I just hope when I check her in on board the ship she will be able to keep her boarding priority if I can't print out the boarding pass.

I just hope when I check her in on board the ship she will be able to keep her boarding priority if I can't print out the boarding pass.

Yes, you will be able to do this. Entrepreneurship being what it is, there is even a firm now (http://www.boardfirst.com) that will check one in on a Southwest flight exactly 24 hours in advance. One prints out the boarding pass at the airport. If they don't get you an A seat, they even refund the $5 fee that they charge.

She has her itinery and receipt from SW so getting through security would not be an issue. The ticket counter is an idea I never thought of. I just hope when I check her in on board the ship she will be able to keep her boarding priority if I can't print out the boarding pass.

If you can't print the boarding pass on the ship, please make sure you get one either curbside or at the ticket counter. The itinerary and receipt will probably not get her through.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1044.xml

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Archived