4 Day Cruise--How Much Different Than 7 Day?

Duck Down

We just got off the Valor a couple of weeks ago which was our 3rd week long Carnival cruise in 3 years.

We had nothing to look forward to so we booked a quick 4 night cruise in Janurary on the Facination (without the kids).

How different are the 4 night cruises? Don't say 3 days shorter because we already know that!!!

Is there a formal night?

I understand that there is not a past cruise party but is there a Captain's Cocktail party?

Is the atmosphere different (not air)?

Thanks

There is a captains party and formal night. The atmosphere is a little more of a "party atmosphere", little more fun, IMO.. 7 days seem to go by nice and slow for me, the shorter cruises just fly by... you are trying to pack so much in. But a cruise is a cruise :D Going from a much newer ship to an older ship, try to into it with an open mind. It's not going to be the Valor ;) There are certain things the older ships don't have, etc. I personally love the older, smaller ships a little more than the newer bigger ones... that is just me. Have a great time!!!!

I've been on 3 day, 4 day, 5 day and now have a 6 day booked for January.

I agree with the above poster....7 days is one day TOO long for us....but I absolutely LOVE a 5 day/4 nighter...it's perfect!

You will have a formal night and a Captain's Cocktail Party....each ship has it's own personality, so do not try to compare one to another....just enjoy them each for what they are! :)

I could live on a cruise ship! Our first trip was a 4 day. We had a blast but would never never do another it is just way way way too short for all the prep and pre cruise travel. I really wanna do a 7 day back to back. Then may be a 7 day back to back to back...way way too much fun!

Not sure how a 7 day could be one day too long! I could do without the last day getting ready to get off the ship and having to leave room service:(.

Back to back there would be a week without having to even worry about getting off and going home.:(

Man...I need a cruise now!

Enjoy your four-day cruise. I was going to say that the shorter Carnival cruises sometimes attract more of a "party" crowd, but seeing as how yours is in January and during the week (instead of over a weekend) I'm sure there won't be much difference from the seven-day.

When it's time to get off, it'll feel like you just got on. But at least it isn't a three day - those are way too short! (Says the girl about to embark on one!)

That is true. I like the Fantasy-class ships though; I think they're the perfect size. Not so big that you can get permanently lost but big enough that four days doesn't seem like enough time to explore all the public spaces.

Me too!! Fantasy class is my favorite so far!!! Didn't care for spirit class much at all... Conquest class was like a much larger version of the fantasy class... Fantasy class is still my favorite :D

I could live on a cruise ship! Our first trip was a 4 day. We had a blast but would never never do another it is just way way way too short for all the prep and pre cruise travel. I really wanna do a 7 day back to back. Then may be a 7 day back to back to back...way way too much fun!

Not sure how a 7 day could be one day too long! I could do without the last day getting ready to get off the ship and having to leave room service:(.

Back to back there would be a week without having to even worry about getting off and going home.:(

Man...I need a cruise now!

Kinda sorta agree Don't know about the back to back to back maybe a tad mutch.

If you are flying in from some distance away, a short cruise isn't worth especially if the air ends up costing more than the cruise.

Guess I'll just have to move down south to make those 4 dayers worthwhile. :D

Guess I'll just have to move down south to make those 4 dayers worthwhile. :D

Bring your hurricane supplies, Duck.

To the OP, I'm sure there is a formal night. If I remember, they even had a formal night on the 2-day Liberty preview cruise.

I did 12 days and can't tell you how fast it flew by. We could have easily done another 12. Other than that, we've only done 7's and probably wouldn't do any less. It doesn't seem worth the packing, embarkation/debarkation, driving and parking at port hassle for less than that.

A 7 day being one day too long just doesn't compute to me. :confused: :confused:

Archived