St Petersburg 3 day Private Guide recommendation

Can anyone recommend a private guide for a 3 day shore excursion of St Petersburg? The major tour companies all seem to do approx same tour and prices but looking at Tours by Locals & GetYourGuide eg. it looks much cheaper this way, and have used both these in other places and they have been good. BUT is this a good idea for St Petersburg and also with the Visa Free?

I have booked with Anastasia Tours for a 3 day tour including the middle day in Moscow. Katherine has been incredibly responsive - even on weekends sometimes - and a pleasure to work with. We don't go until August so I can't say how it will be, but another Cruisecritic person used them and was quite pleased.

I've been with Tzarina Tours before, she is amazing and can accommodate pretty much anything you can ask for.

I have done previous posts as a reply to other threads so have a look for more detail and I've also done a review on TripAdvisor so please take a look. My user is gemma1930 and here is the link https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g298507-d10072993-r370502633-Tzarina_Tours-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html#review370502633

They will sort the visa out for you and keep you informed all the way!

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll be happy to help! Hope you have an amazing time!

Edited by RedVelvetEverytime
Need to add info

Can anyone recommend a private guide for a 3 day shore excursion of St Petersburg? The major tour companies all seem to do approx same tour and prices but looking at Tours by Locals & GetYourGuide eg. it looks much cheaper this way, and have used both these in other places and they have been good. BUT is this a good idea for St Petersburg and also with the Visa Free?

Have you looked at the web sites for the two companies you're considering? I've looked at the one for Tours by Locals (St Petersburg). There is a dedicated web page for Visa-free tours with that organization. It clearly states that some -- but not all -- of the guides who offer tours through this company can get the paperwork needed for a visa-free visit. There is an extra fee for the tour when the guide is required to get the visa-free tour ticket for a client. There is no information provided about the price of the visa-free ticket. For all you know, that price could bring the cost of a visit with Tours by Locals up to the price of many of the companies recommended on this board.

Definitely time for you to contact the two companies you're considering.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy