How to Tell How Well Attended Cruise Will Be Before Sailing?

Hmm. What state? I looked up most states and everyone I could find besides Massachusetts had theirs before Easter.

First cruise: Carnival Victory, 4/17/2017

What is funny, is I just noticed where you live. Yep I lived in SC for 30 years, my kids did Catholic school and it always started Good Friday and the next entire week.

I'm thinking our cruise will be relatively quiet with it being Monday through Friday and kids still in school.

If you were to cruise the week before, it could be mayhem due to many schools being on a spring break. You picked a great time to travel. And remember cruises are like Lays potato chips, you cant have just one!

I'm thinking our cruise will be relatively quiet with it being Monday through Friday and kids still in school.

There are some schools in NC that take their spring break that we, and I am sure that most colleges are back in class by then so you may not have that many young adults. As another poster stated just keep checking the website!! Safe travels.

Just booked that Victory cruise on April 17th for my family, two kids, ages 7 and 10. Their Catholic school here in NJ has that week off. I notice school districts in my area of NJ varies, some had that week, other school districts had the previous week off. In NYC schools it was the previous week so cruises from NYC was super expensive for the week of April 9th. First time cruising on Carnival.

I almost always cruise in the April - May time frame and truthfully never really see that many children, my guess is many of the families that have children out of school in April are saving up the funds and vacation time for the big summer vacations in June and July. Our cruises that have occurred in April sometimes have a few kids about, but not a great many. The ones we have gone on in May, the school age kid venues have been practical ghost towns.

If kids don't bother you that much, but you still don't want a herd of them all over the ship, I definitely recommend the April - May time frame. Prices are down, weather is lovely, and less risk of storms. We have always very much enjoyed our cruises that time of year.

I was curious about our upcoming cruise after reading this post. I geek out a bit over numbers. We sail in 72 days and currently, there are 216 cabins for sale on Carnival's website for this cruise. That means they only have to sell 3 a day to sell out the boat. I am 99% certain it will be sold out by the time we set sail.

Being that Easter is on April16, will schools be off before, or after this Holiday?