Got my upgrade offer today

traveler2100

I am not certain where I saw this, but 80 days prior to your sailing is when the offer pops up if your ship is on that program. Not all ships are on the bidding yet; some you have to call the upsell 800# still.

We got ours exactly at 80 days to departure. :) Crossing fingers for you. We are on the Breakaway May 28.

Did you bid on an upgrade and did you get it? We have always had a balcony stateroom. Prices were so high for the Boston/Bermuda cruise (a balcony stateroom almost doubled in price from 3 years ago) that we booked an ocean view for this cruise. Would love to be able to upgrade to a balcony...

Did you bid on an upgrade and did you get it? We have always had a balcony stateroom. Prices were so high for the Boston/Bermuda cruise (a balcony stateroom almost doubled in price from 3 years ago) that we booked an ocean view for this cruise. Would love to be able to upgrade to a balcony...

I have a balcony mid ship on deck 10 now and we bid on mini balcony suite for $100 per person (you pay for 1st 2 passengers; we have 4 passengers). The bid started at $25 p/p. The only small problem with this system is, NCL picks your room/deck. I like where we are and hope we dont end up aft on a high deck.

NCL notifies you up to 2 days prior to sailing if you won the bid. I bid yesterday and have several days before the cruise...we leave May 28. I did read that someone got a rejected bid @ 3 days prior to sailing.

We are happy with what he have, but it would be nice to have the bigger bathroom and a tiny bit more floor space. 4 ladies...and our other room has 4 teens. crossing fingers!

I am not certain where I saw this, but 80 days prior to your sailing is when the offer pops up if your ship is on that program. Not all ships are on the bidding yet; some you have to call the upsell 800# still.

We got ours exactly at 80 days to departure. :) Crossing fingers for you. We are on the Breakaway May 28.

What is that upsell phone number?

I just heard from my normal cruise consultant, who returned from a deployment. He's a reservist, and confided in me as a fellow veteran. We have a long history and shared a lot of crap. He told me as the sales change throughout the year, that's why you see all of the price fluctuations. A computer algorithm does it to optimize the profit margin. I posted this before, but now with the upgrades it changes the end game with way upgrades are handled. Eventually all the ships will be added.

Now, he said as the 30 day mark hits, the computer knows how many offers they can really accept, which of course, are the highest ones. Very few get notified that they were accepted. Another week goes by and just a few more get notified, etc. It's not until the last 3-6 days that the majority get notified if their offer was accepted. This gives them time to throw excess cabins on the clearance sites, last minute deals and such. They know from history what will usually sell during the blow out, and then it moves people accordingly. The majority who get their notification right at the 48 hour mark are declined. So if you are counting hours at that point, forget about it.

I just heard from my normal cruise consultant, who returned from a deployment. He's a reservist, and confided in me as a fellow veteran. We have a long history and shared a lot of crap. He told me as the sales change throughout the year, that's why you see all of the price fluctuations. A computer algorithm does it to optimize the profit margin. I posted this before, but now with the upgrades it changes the end game with way upgrades are handled. Eventually all the ships will be added.

Now, he said as the 30 day mark hits, the computer knows how many offers they can really accept, which of course, are the highest ones. Very few get notified that they were accepted. Another week goes by and just a few more get notified, etc. It's not until the last 3-6 days that the majority get notified if their offer was accepted. This gives them time to throw excess cabins on the clearance sites, last minute deals and such. They know from history what will usually sell during the blow out, and then it moves people accordingly. The majority who get their notification right at the 48 hour mark are declined. So if you are counting hours at that point, forget about it.

That is very interesting. It makes sense. Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...