Prepaid Gratuity Vouchers - do they still do this?

pryncesshmm

Hello fellow cruisers! Looking for someone who has recently been on Carnival and had prepaid gratuities. Do they still give out the vouchers and envelopes the last night of the cruise?

Thanks!

They do not. Your prepaid gratuities are noted (somehow) to your cabin steward, and waitstaff (if you're not Your Time Dining) - no more voucher/envelopes.

OH wow... I guess I'll tell my brother in law to bring his own envelopes if he wants to give extra. Thanks for the quick reply!

You can still get the envelopes at the Guest Services Desk.

Been cruising Carnival since 2010 and have never seen this. Regardless of if you prepay the gratuities or not sometime between the second day aboard and the half way mark of the cruise the automatic daily service charges for the whole cruise is posted to the S&S account. If you prepaid generally the charge is immediately followed by a credit for the same amount. I do know that after the cruise a list of those passengers that adjusted (up or down) or cancelled the auto-gratuities is published to each department.

I do know that after the cruise a list of those passengers that adjusted (up or down) or cancelled the auto-gratuities is published to each department.

They have to be notified who pulled auto-tips because if that's the case and the passenger gives the crew member cash that cash has to be turned into the tip pool at the risk of the crew member losing their job if it's not done.

We don't use envelopes for tipping extra - I use post-it notes pasted to the cash with a note that says we left our auto-grats on but this extra is to say thanks for taking extra good care of us.:D We fold the bills with then note and just hand it to the crew member.

They have to be notified who pulled auto-tips because if that's the case and the passenger gives the crew member cash that cash has to be turned into the tip pool at the risk of the crew member losing their job if it's not done.

This is utterly false.

This is utterly false.

Believe what you will - I know for a fact it is true for at least HAL and Carnival. I've seen it in black and white in a crew handbook :ship:

This is true. Also, it's in the staff's best interest to turn the cash tips into the pool. If the staff get "stiffed' by having passengers remove the auto tips it raises a red flag with their supervisors. If the staff turns in the cash then the supervisors realize that the passengers just preferred to pay in cash.

This is utterly false.

It's absolutely true.

I once caught a glimpse of a passenger/cabin list on the housekeeping cart in the hallway - it noted grats and if certain cabins/pax had pulled their tips.

I have seen the same and had discussion with the hotel directors on several ships that confirmed it.

Some refuse to believe it and will never be convinced otherwise.

It's absolutely true.

I have seen the same and had discussion with the hotel directors on several ships that confirmed it.

Some refuse to believe it and will never be convinced otherwise.

Years ago, when the Behind the Fun tour just started, someone posted a picture of the (as I call it) 'Cancelled the Grats' list. Still on the web if you look hard enough.